Can it be spring time already - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices

Can it be spring time already

Old 01-20-2019, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Can it be spring time already

Been healing up from this spinal procedure and man o man am i starting to get that itch to go fast cant wait for this cold weather and snow to get out of here (i live in michigan) so i can wrap things up with the trans am and my finally finished roller to hit the track anyone else feelin the winter blues lol
Old 01-20-2019, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

I hear ya. The weather makes it hard to even want to mess with the car when its 5 degrees outside. Makes it hard to do so much as wash the car. Sometimes find myself jealous of the guys down in Florida, track is open year round, none of the brick like cold weather that we have up here in the northern states.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah times like these i would love to live in florida that sure would be awesome i cant wait to move and have my poll barn built that way i will have a nice huge warm space to do all the work i want to, where ya from?
Old 01-21-2019, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Louisville.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:04 AM

And here I am thinking of selling my car...

Hope your spinal procedure went well.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

It's gonna be below zero here tomorrow. Eff this. Pellet stove in kitchen running on full blast since 7 this morning, it can barely keep 69 degress in here. Cold weather plus wind is the worst. Don't feel like going outside at all. Wanna stay within ten feet of this flaming chunk of metal.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
And here I am thinking of selling my car...

Hope your spinal procedure went well.
Don't do it! lol something my dad always told me never sell of your toy unless your finances are in trouble even when your mad at a project as long as it is paid of just take the insurance off it and toss it in the garage till you're ready to tackle it again I know a lot of people that have sold off cars because they we tired of them at the time or just irritated with it and said they would buy anther one in the future but things never panned back out to get anther one

and the procedure went well got some movement back in my neck so that is a plus don't think I will ever get back on a motorcycle again anther accident could leave me paralyzed
Old 01-21-2019, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 View Post
It's gonna be below zero here tomorrow. Eff this. Pellet stove in kitchen running on full blast since 7 this morning, it can barely keep 69 degress in here. Cold weather plus wind is the worst. Don't feel like going outside at all. Wanna stay within ten feet of this flaming chunk of metal.
Haha best way to stay warm man those stoves kick some heat, but I know the feeling man it was -4 when I woke up this morning and is only 6 outside at the moment
Old 01-22-2019, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

Best way to deal with winter is to get a toy you can have a blast in during winter. I tried the snowmobile deal. Hit or miss through winter as to how much snow you get to ride. Then store them all summer. Got rid of those and picked up a Polaris General. Can't leave anything alone so it got upgrded big time. Bigger tires, full modular cab with a very nice heater, New control arms tuner. It is just like sitting in a brand new pic up truck. If you have never rode one wow is this thing fast. Your doing 80 in the blink of an eye. And that bad boy is pulling like a 500 hp car. Lol Goes through the snow like nothing. You need a pretty bad *** snowmobile to keep up with it. And the best thing is you can ride it year round. The whole cab comes off with a few flip levers for summer. Very nice. Freakin thing is a blast. So don't whimper about the weather, adjust for it. Get a bad *** shop too. I'm toast in mine in the winter and nice and cool with the a.c. in the summer. Out there all the time. Love my shop. So don't let winter get you down there are plenty of things to do. You just got to get off your *** to do them.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Take up skiing.

I love winter now because of skiing.

I love it so much that I went to South America last summer, lol.

If not that, like the last poster said, find something you enjoy doing in winter. Then you won't be miserable, it will just be the change of season means its time for a change in activities.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

Deer season is over, it's too cold and windy to get out in the boat and go fishing. It's been pretty much raining here every week and I'm sick of seeing these cold, wet dreary days.The winter's here are mostly just cold and wet and if it was like this during summer time then I'd be out on the ATV ripping in the mud. I'm hoping to see it clear out this week so I can get some time in the seat Friday night at HRP.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TTur1996 View Post
Best way to deal with winter is to get a toy you can have a blast in during winter. I tried the snowmobile deal. Hit or miss through winter as to how much snow you get to ride. Then store them all summer. Got rid of those and picked up a Polaris General. Can't leave anything alone so it got upgrded big time. Bigger tires, full modular cab with a very nice heater, New control arms tuner. It is just like sitting in a brand new pic up truck. If you have never rode one wow is this thing fast. Your doing 80 in the blink of an eye. And that bad boy is pulling like a 500 hp car. Lol Goes through the snow like nothing. You need a pretty bad *** snowmobile to keep up with it. And the best thing is you can ride it year round. The whole cab comes off with a few flip levers for summer. Very nice. Freakin thing is a blast. So don't whimper about the weather, adjust for it. Get a bad *** shop too. I'm toast in mine in the winter and nice and cool with the a.c. in the summer. Out there all the time. Love my shop. So don't let winter get you down there are plenty of things to do. You just got to get off your *** to do them.
I used to love ridin snow mobiles in the winter an what not the problem is sense getting run over on my harley if i take a real bad spill i could lose some use of my legs because of the damage that was done to my spine so ive been forced to give up alot of things i used to love doing like playing football and riding motorcycles both street and dirt but there will be a shop in my future ive been talking about it for a couple months now
Old 01-23-2019, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tberg725 View Post
I used to love ridin snow mobiles in the winter an what not the problem is sense getting run over on my harley if i take a real bad spill i could lose some use of my legs because of the damage that was done to my spine so ive been forced to give up alot of things i used to love doing like playing football and riding motorcycles both street and dirt but there will be a shop in my future ive been talking about it for a couple months now

Sorry to hear that man. I did not enjoy riding on the street. You had to constantly try to figure out what every person on the road was doing. Problem is, most don't even know what the hell they are doing to begin with. As I got older the dirt bikes and quads started kicking my ***. Snow mobiles too. Then I got an UTV. How you climb on is how you climb off. I have had many in there with messed up backs. No one could believe how good it road and never bothered their back one bit. The suspension I set up on this General is incredible. It feels like your floating. Doesn't beat you up at all. I live in the country and love when I get someone in there that has never rode in there before. I will be flying around 70mph down the road and see a chisel plowed field, just cut the wheel and hammer down across it. At first you would think you would beat yourself to death. But the fact is the faster you go the smoother it is. Whoever is riding with you will freak out. Then they are like what the hell realizing it's very smooth and look out to see the suspension eating that stuff up. It litterally still feels just like your floating across the chisel plowed field. Keep your chin up man and get that shop built. You will be able to spend countless hours out there enjoying yourself for sure. Insulate it and install a high efficiency house furnace with AC. It is the cheapest to run by far. I have tried every other senerio through the years and the house furnace is the way to go.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TTur1996 View Post
Sorry to hear that man. I did not enjoy riding on the street. You had to constantly try to figure out what every person on the road was doing. Problem is, most don't even know what the hell they are doing to begin with. As I got older the dirt bikes and quads started kicking my ***. Snow mobiles too. Then I got an UTV. How you climb on is how you climb off. I have had many in there with messed up backs. No one could believe how good it road and never bothered their back one bit. The suspension I set up on this General is incredible. It feels like your floating. Doesn't beat you up at all. I live in the country and love when I get someone in there that has never rode in there before. I will be flying around 70mph down the road and see a chisel plowed field, just cut the wheel and hammer down across it. At first you would think you would beat yourself to death. But the fact is the faster you go the smoother it is. Whoever is riding with you will freak out. Then they are like what the hell realizing it's very smooth and look out to see the suspension eating that stuff up. It litterally still feels just like your floating across the chisel plowed field. Keep your chin up man and get that shop built. You will be able to spend countless hours out there enjoying yourself for sure. Insulate it and install a high efficiency house furnace with AC. It is the cheapest to run by far. I have tried every other senerio through the years and the house furnace is the way to go.
Yeah man my head was always on a swivel out there always road cautious but in the end that didnt matter it was a lady texting and driving that smoked me because of an bridge crossing i couldnt see the traffic comming threw the other side so i was tboned threw the intersection but thanks for that furnace tip i was wondering how i was gonna heat it original plan was a wood burning stove but i do want a.c so that option sounds perfect i cant wait to be able to put all my toys under 1 roof i got my dyna thats been sitting sense my accident but i cant bring myself to sell it 😔 my ttop fox thats currently a roller thinking its gonna be an ls swap then my trans am an f250 so it will be awesome to have some where that my f250 can fit inside letting a diesel warm up outside in the freezing cold sucks
Old 01-24-2019, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

When I built my shop I started out with a very expensive wood Chuck wood burning furnace. I was a stickler about cleaning the chimney big time. I had cleaned the chimney the day before and it still went up in flames. If we wouldn't have been out there, it and all my tools along with three vehicles would have all been gone. Not to mention there is absolutely nothing free about burning wood period. Its a huge waste of time and all it takes is one mistake with a chainsaw and it will take the rest of your life of burning wood to just break even if that even occurs. Its way better just to work a little OT or do a couple side jobs in the new shop to pay for some gas and turn up the stat. The AC, well i got to tell you. There is nothing like Not having to sweat your ***** off to work on something. I wear glasses and I can't even explain to You how bad that is when your sweating your ***** off. Lol. You will be so happy you did. To save a bunch of money we went to a whole sale place and got the 150000 btu Ducane furnace for 680 and all the 5 ton A.c. stuff including the line set for 1600. We set the furnace ran one big trunk line through the middle of the building and set the condenser outside ourselves. Then we ran the power to each ourselves but did not hook anything up directly. Then I called one of the local heating and a.c. guys to come out to hook everything up. Only cost me 150. With duct work and everything we got a little less than 3000 into it. When I got a quote to have it done it was 8000. My shop is 40x63. Best of Luck to You. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

That sucks OP. I'v been on a bike ONCE when I was a teenager and said FA--UUUUUUUUUCK this! I think people on bikes are crazy, it's just so dangerous. I'm sure it's fun but man, too dangerous. I know two people that have died on motorcycles, luckily not very close to me so the pain isn't that great. But I'm sure it is for their families.

Glad you're at least halfway OK.

And those utility whatever they are called vehicles really are amazing. We rented them last year in Colorado riding on some rocky as hell trails. I had to convince my sister since she has a lot of of pain from a car accident years ago, full of pins and screws and hurts all of the time. She ended up loving it. As did my 70 something year old grandmother. Hell, my daughter was 3 years old and eventually fell asleep! The guide was on a quad and said he's exhausted after a day. We were all fine.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:35 AM
Village Troll

I am actually wanting it to warm up because, holy ****, I am actually looking forward to tweaking on the car....
Old 01-24-2019, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Was so cold here the other night, I started the Camaro, and it immediately cracked the passenger side manifold .
Old 01-24-2019, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

It finally got down to 32 here last night for a couple hours. suns out though so ill be close to 60 today.
How yall feel about winter is how i feel about summer here.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS RRR View Post
I am actually wanting it to warm up because, holy ****, I am actually looking forward to tweaking on the car....
Instead of tweaking on other stuff adn yourself? Giving it a little tweak here and there?

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: