Notices

TA gone...not happy

Old 04-29-2019, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

Default TA gone...not happy

I traded my 02 WS6 for a 2015 v6 Camaro about a month ago. The TA had 175k on it and did use a lot of oil(1qt every 500) but it was incredible to drive. The new Camaro is cool, 2LT leather RS Blk on Blk and is quick enough and handles better than any car I've ever owned AND gets 25mpg even local driving plus I live in a very hilly location. But something about it(I think the drive by wire) drives me nuts. Oh yeag and the 6speed auto trans in CONSTANTLY shifting up and down. I'll bet in a 10 min trip the trans shifts 2 million times.

I miss the TA so bad I'm ready to trade the Camaro and find a low mileage 4th gen. I found a 02 2 owner WS6 20k miles but it was bright red, I can't do red around here nomo because the cops just can't seem to let you drive by without following every red car they see. I sold my red 4th Gen Camaro last year because of it. just got sick of being followed. The Blue WS6 I traded never was a problem, cops sniffed a little at it but never really bothered me.

If you have a extra WS6 you wanna give me we be friends long time.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Why is this a surprise? A ton of people came out of the woodwork and told you it was a bad idea before you did it.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

Old 04-29-2019, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ddnspider View Post
Why is this a surprise? A ton of people came out of the woodwork and told you it was a bad idea before you did it.
figured everyone was jealous and was stroking me
Old 04-29-2019, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RockinWs6 View Post
I But something about it(I think the drive by wire) drives me nuts. Oh yeag and the 6speed auto trans in CONSTANTLY shifting up and down. I'll bet in a 10 min trip the trans shifts 2 million times.
The only drive by wire car that I've ever driven that felt like a normal cable was my 00 Corvette. Everything else is either too laggy, or overly sensitive. That's weird, I drove a 6 speed Tahoe in colorado and it didn't seem to do that.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Trans is probably shifting up and down trying to keep the car in optimal horsepower area. Only thing I would have traded the WS6 in on would have been a 6th Gen SS.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

interesting lol.

Originally Posted by necrocannibal View Post
....Only thing I would have traded the WS6 in on would have been a 6th Gen SS.
^This.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Trouble is my wife loves this thing and I doubt I'll pry it away from her. She doesn't get performance, to her if it moves its good. I on the other hand don't even listen to the radio in a car. I just want to hear it doing its thing alldeetime. Yeah well we'll see where it all goes in time. Guess you really don't know how happy you are with anything till its gone or changes. Just didn't think I'd be this emotional about it. Really messin with me inside.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

troll harder. we have past the point where it should have stopped. now you must keep going to just see what happens
Old 04-29-2019, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by necrocannibal View Post
Trans is probably shifting up and down trying to keep the car in optimal horsepower area. Only thing I would have traded the WS6 in on would have been a 6th Gen SS.
Yeah that's what its doing but its overdone. If I put it in manual mode and keep it in one gear it works great and still has plenty of power. I know the trans has to be tuned, I looked into it and even found a local guy that is willing to help. I found a couple online options too. Just not experienced in v6 stuff to know which way to go, v8 cars are so much more forgiving because of torque. This v6 has little torque, the older 3.8s had lots more than this 3.6. The 3.6 needs to be revved for anything to happen just the opposite of the LS cars I'm accustomed to. This car great as long as you have your foot in it but as soon as you try and relax and cruise a little forget it. Its dead no torque shuddering staying in 5th and 6th speed even as low as 42 mph. The more I think about it instead of buying a 500 dollar tune for the trans It may be smarter to get hptuners and suffer learning how to get it the way I want it. Some of the tunes do explain they fix the poor part throttle shifting etc. I also notice the sites for these v6 Camaros don't really have a lot of tech knowledge like on this site. On here I can find ANYTHING I need to buy or know. Forget it on the 5th gen sites. Little info I think because most v6 guys are go to the dealer types. Hell I'm a pull it apart lets see how it works guy.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TheUrbz View Post
troll harder. we have past the point where it should have stopped. now you must keep going to just see what happens
what are posting about? mind your own business. If anyone is trolling its you!
Old 04-29-2019, 12:54 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by TheUrbz View Post
troll harder.
Richard the Village Troll smells a troll!
Old 04-29-2019, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RockinWs6
Lmao jealous of a 3.6lt camaro. What world do you live in man.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

I traded my 02 WS6 for a 2015 v6 Camaro about a month ago. The TA had 175k on it and did use a lot of oil(1qt every 500) but it was incredible to drive. The new Camaro is cool, 2LT leather RS Blk on Blk and is quick enough and handles better than any car I've ever owned AND gets 25mpg even local driving plus I live in a very hilly location. But something about it(I think the drive by wire) drives me nuts. Oh yeag and the 6speed auto trans in CONSTANTLY shifting up and down. I'll bet in a 10 min trip the trans shifts 2 million times.

I miss the TA so bad I'm ready to trade the Camaro and find a low mileage 4th gen. I found a 02 2 owner WS6 20k miles but it was bright red, I can't do red around here nomo because the cops just can't seem to let you drive by without following every red car they see. I sold my red 4th Gen Camaro last year because of it. just got sick of being followed. The Blue WS6 I traded never was a problem, cops sniffed a little at it but never really bothered me.

If you have a extra WS6 you wanna give me we be friends long time.

Can't say we didn't warn you! What did I say in your post "May be leaving tomorrow".

"Go ahead and buy the fugliest Camaro ever made but hang onto to that 4th Gen. I've had a 77 LT with a vinyl top that I traded in on a 96 V6 Camaro, I had an 81 Z28 and the 30th anniversary Z28 and wished I'd never gotten rid of them."

Old 04-29-2019, 01:15 PM
11 Second Club

Oh yeah and your still here!

Troll on!
Old 04-29-2019, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

what are posting about? mind your own business. If anyone is trolling its you!
thats the spirit, keep it up!

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z View Post
Lmao jealous of a 3.6lt camaro. What world do you live in man.
see! its working!
Old 04-29-2019, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01CamaroSSTx View Post
Can't say we didn't warn you! What did I say in your post "May be leaving tomorrow".

"Go ahead and buy the fugliest Camaro ever made but hang onto to that 4th Gen. I've had a 77 LT with a vinyl top that I traded in on a 96 V6 Camaro, I had an 81 Z28 and the 30th anniversary Z28 and wished I'd never gotten rid of them."
We had a 77LT too, traded it in on 2 new 84 Ta's, one Aero one plain Jane. I found a couple low mile 4th gens so I'm not worried just yet. I gotta see where this 5th gen leads me. Hey ya gotta stay fresh right? LOL nothing ventured nothing gained. I just feel funny not coming here everyday to check things out. My iggy list is growing.............
Old 04-29-2019, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dude no one is jealous of a V6 Camaro... Id rather not have a 6th gen at all if I had to buy a non V8.
What you are feeling missing is the V8, that is the whole purpose of a muscle car. The feel, the sound, the powerband, the throttle response.

Its like buying a cheeseburger without the meat patty. You just get buns and cheese, something is missing. And if all you have ever eaten was buns and cheese you wouldn't know any different, but if you have actually had a real cheeseburger there is no going to back to eating just bread and cheese...
Old 04-29-2019, 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

The 77 LT auto for a 86 v6-5 speed. Was fun driving the manual but still regretted giving up my V8 Camaro.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Quarter of oil every 300 to 500 miles? Could have been something like valve seals. I had one do that and that was the key issue.

Feel jealous over a v6 5th Gen?
I could see that happen on low status import forums.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: