▓▓▓ Racer's Lounge Guidelines -- READ BEFORE POSTING ▓▓▓ - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

▓▓▓ Racer's Lounge Guidelines -- READ BEFORE POSTING ▓▓▓

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:19 PM   #1
TECH Senior Member

Default ▓▓▓ Racer's Lounge Guidelines -- READ BEFORE POSTING ▓▓▓

Contents:
- Intro
- Foreword from Nine ball
- Tier 1: General Guidelines
- Tier 2: Specific Guidelines
- Tier 3: Do Not Post
- How to handle complaints

INTRO

First and Foremost: Anyone who agrees to read or use this website must willingly agree to the following rules. Any violation of these rules may result in a removal of your account without warning. All final decisions are made by the selected staff members who manage this website.

The lounge was removed from this forum at one point due to what it was becoming. When we brought it back, we created a specific idea of what it should be like and how it should be moderated in order to keep it from traveling down the same path of stupidity and immaturity that it was before. This thread is a how-to to help you survive in here without getting raped by a the wide end of a ban hammer.

I'm not going to create an entire list of "Things that **** Vendetta off" vs "Things that you might think would **** me off, or should **** me off by definition, but actually don't". There's only so much I can specifically dictate to you guys as far as what kind of content to post. I'm not going to write up an entire Racer's Lounge Lawbook on what not to do or post -- nobody will ever read it. I'll give you some guidelines in this thread on what we're looking for and let you make up your own minds on what should or shouldn't be posted.

You guys are expected to be intelligent enough to read into what kind of lounge content we're looking for and abide by that model of what the lounge should be. In order to make something this subjective work, I rarely ban people for posting things against these guidelines. You'll get some infractions from time to time for the more obvious stuff like posting politics or general immaturity, but you'll only ever be banned by me for straight up trolling or four or five repeated offenses. Even then, they'll just be temporary bans.

A foreword from Nine Ball and rules broken into three tiers of three follow.

Last edited by Vendetta; 04-28-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:39 AM   #2
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Exclamation Act like a child here, get banned.

We brought this Racers Lounge back from the dead to give it another chance. Overall, I'd say the threads have been acceptable and we hope it continues in this tradition.

BUT, a few members here continue to act like children and reply in immature ways. Stuff like "pee in her butt", "SIIHP", and other similar reponses will get you banned. We do not want this lounge to be like the other assclown-infested cesspools found on other sites. If you show your *** here, we will simply get rid of you.

Consider this your group warning. We are all about hanging out and having fun, but please drop the childish bullcrap and keep things clean.

Also, excessive use of "F-T-W" may result in an unwanted user status. Damn we hate that stupid phrase. Think of something more creative!

That is all...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
TECH Senior Member

TIER 1: GENERAL GUIDELINES

Let's begin with some general guidelines to follow while posting in the lounge. This post will describe in general how the lounge is moderated, and what kind of discussion we're looking for in here. These three bullet points should be all that you need, but we will provide you with more detail on what we want to see (or, more specifically, don't want to see) in the following section.

1. Absolutely no mindless flame wars. We encourage you to speak your mind and argue points, just make sure you state your arguments in a mature manner. As an extension of this, things like racism and financial/physical threats are absolutely not tolerated and will be met with an instant and permanent ban. Any members who threaten anyone with intent to harm financially or physically will be removed from the site. We do not mind the occasional heated debate, but if it gets to the point of violence or stalking, you will be removed. We will also gladly work with the Law Authorities in any case related to these actions.

2. Always attempt to keep post material mature and relatively on-topic. Childish behavior or comments may result in the removal of your account. This is a site for MEN, not little boys. We want to see intelligent, topical, back-and-forth discussion in the lounge. Well-debated arguments are encouraged. Threads that do not promote intelligent, enlightening conversation will be locked (see post #4 in this thread for specifics).

3. Follow general internet forum etiquette. Don't post NWS photos, don't hijack threads, don't post spam, etc etc. Forums are not new, we should all be familiar with how to behave within them by now. You will be expected to abide by these common internet forum rules.

Last edited by Vendetta; 04-28-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
TECH Senior Member

TIER 2: SPECIFIC GUIDELINES

Now onto some more specific rules. The first two rules here will be the basis of what to post and what not to post. The vast majority of threads that are locked in here don't align with these first two rules.

1. General nonsense threads that don't promote intelligent conversation are not acceptable.

Examples:
- "What did you have for breakfast today?" and similar threads.
- "Click here and vote for ____"
- Web surveys

We want to see actual discussion in here, not a thread that looks like a shopping list.

2. Generally immature threads similar to what is found on AAG are not acceptable.

Examples:
- "Should I shave my *****?"
- "My bitch won't let me SIHP!!"
- "Check out the **** I just took"

This should be self-explanatory. We don't want this forum turning into AAG v2.

3. Non-work safe threads are unacceptable. Don't post threads containing illegal topics (drug use, street racing, vandalization, etc), any sort of nudity, blood / gore (real or fake). Keep things PG-13 in here. Cursing is frowned upon when directed at others users, but otherwise okay.

TIER 3: DO NOT POST

These are very specific topics that are not to be posted in the lounge.

1. Carfax request threads. Carfax has contacted us and asked us not to allow these threads, and we will gladly comply.

2. Any threads that promote users to join online games that require referrals in order to further the gaming experience (an example being the MyMiniCity game). These will be viewed as spam, locked, and you will receive a spam infraction for posting them.

3. Controversial links to other forums. This creates a mass influx of trolls for both forums.

4. Vote for me/"like" me threads/contests and/or threads asking for donations are not welcome on LS1Tech. Every cause or contest is important to someone, but it is not the focus of this site to accommodate these types of threads.

Last edited by Vendetta; 04-28-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:29 AM   #5
TECH Senior Member

TOPICS THAT DO NOT BELONG

In the LS1TECH lounge, we try to keep the topics mature and adult-oriented at all times. There are a certain number of topics that are either immature in essence, too controversial, and/or always seem to devolve into a sort of thread that we don't like to see here. As such, these topics are disallowed on LS1Tech. Some of these topics are...

1. Political and religious debate. Everybody believes that their opinions are the right ones, and thus these topics constantly start well but end in a pissing contest, and we'd like to avoid that altogether.

Note: You will receive an instant infraction for posting political content in the lounge. We have a huge sticky dedicated solely to informing users not to post political content here. There's no excuse for missing that.

2. Babe threads, or threads that contain pictures of scantily clad women. Many of the lounge posters spend their time here while at work -- including myself. I don't want this kind of stuff popping up on my work computer when somebody has a chance to look over my shoulder and see it.

3. Relationship help threads normally decrease the maturity level instantly, with comments like "SIIHP" and "TTIWWP" posts appearing on the regular.

Do NOT post these in the lounge.

Last edited by Vendetta; 04-28-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
TECH Senior Member

COMPLAINTS?

Have a problem with one of your threads being locked? Receive an infraction that you don't think you should have gotten? Make sure you read this section before you complain about them or God help you.

1. Under the guidelines presented, moderators reserve the right to judge which threads belong and which do not and act on that judgment. If you have a complaint about a certain moderator's activities, send a private message to the moderator and attempt to discuss it with them. Do NOT post a thread calling out said moderator. Be classy about your complaint, stay cordial, and it will likely be resolved. If you're still not happy with the judgment, feel free to present your complaints to one of the forum administrators (users with red names).

2. If you have been banned and re-register with a new account in an attempt to continue posting through your ban period, your new account will be permanently removed and 30 days will be added to the existing ban of your original account.

3. By posting or reading this website, you agree to waive all legal rights and hold harmless this site, the staff, and the owners. This is a private message board, you abide by the rules or you don't post at all. If you cannot agree to these terms, please do not use the forum.

Last edited by Vendetta; 08-14-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
TECH Senior Member

HOW TO PROPERLY TITLE A THREAD

This might seem like a minor detail to pick at, but you guys need some serious work on your thread titles. The title of your thread should adequately provide a short summary of what your thread encompasses.

EXAMPLES

Bad thread title:
"Wow here's a good story from AOL"
What it should be:
"911 Dispatcher Fields Call For His House"

Bad thread title:
"Just curious..."
What it should be:
"Are the 2010 Camaro's still considered F-bodies?"

The purpose of a thread title is to attract interested eyes to your thread. Use your brain when creating them, please. I'm sick of editing thread titles.
Closed Thread