LAS VEGAS vs TURBO - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion



View Poll Results: which one??
LAS VEGAS 10 27.78%
TURBO 26 72.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

LAS VEGAS vs TURBO

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
presto_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: sw fl.
Posts: 1,904
Default LAS VEGAS vs TURBO

ive been wanting to go to vegas for sometime now (never been out west or on a plane), and was actually planning to in mid july for 12days, i was going to see one of my favorite bands, gamble away some money, watch a few shows and eat like a king.... but i came across a great deal on a turbo setup..

i figure with the money i would save from not going and not spending all that money out in vegas i will easily be able to get the turbo setup and the supporting mods (upgrade fuel system, tune ect..)


im 99% sure im going with the turbo but multiple people tell me i will regret not going out to vegas...

what are your thoughts..
presto_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
Deranged Rat Fink
iTrader: (3)
 
badjuju342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Right here at my laptop, DUH!
Posts: 4,501
Default

As your attorney , I advise you to go to Vegas. Blows my schedule as I'll have to go with you for legal counsel and we'll have to arm ourselves , to the teeth.
badjuju342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:18 PM   #3
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
LT1wannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: H-Town, TX
Posts: 322
Default

Do what I do when I have a big decision to make; make a pros and cons list...and drink. If you don't have a whole lot of self-discipline, I'd go with the turbo. Money just seems to slip out of your hands in Vegas without you realizing it. It's a hard decision.
LT1wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #4
Launching!
iTrader: (12)
 
Furious_George's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tinker AFB, OK
Posts: 277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badjuju342
As your attorney , I advise you to go to Vegas. Blows my schedule as I'll have to go with you for legal counsel and we'll have to arm ourselves , to the teeth.
HAHA, one of the only good depp movies. i would go with the turbo though...
Furious_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:41 PM   #5
TECH Junkie
iTrader: (4)
 
Tudds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,368
Default

turbo will last longer than the vacation... but you might get herpes in Vegas.. that lasts forever
Tudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:48 PM   #6
Restricted User
iTrader: (24)
 
Blakbird24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fleetwood, PA
Posts: 1,398
Default

VEGAS.

The most wonderous place on earth.

You can go to Vegas where you are guaranteed to have a great time, or you can buy a turbo where you are guaranteed to have to dump money into your car for the rest of it's life. Trust me, it never ends.
Blakbird24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:50 AM   #7
Launching!
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudds
turbo will last longer than the vacation... but you might get herpes in Vegas.. that lasts forever
lmao!!!!

I'd say turbo just cause I've already been to Vegas 3 times. Kinda lost it's edge to me I guess.
MikeD101898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:06 AM   #8
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
transamfreak01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,769
Default

yeah i went to vegas last summer.. im only 18 so there wasnt much to do there for me. a lday there at my hotel (MGM) won 45 grand on a 5 cent slot. chances are one in a million though. i say go with the turbo and then save for a vacation after that.
transamfreak01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:21 AM   #9
TECH Resident
iTrader: (1)
 
That_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Desoto Tx
Posts: 899
Default

buy the turbo and drive to vegas lol no seriously its your choice but 12 days vs a turbo which will probably be on your car till the end.
That_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:11 AM   #10
Board Certified Idiot
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: EHT ..New JERSEY
Posts: 714
Default

If you Go to Vegas You Might WIN Money to Buy a Better Turbo then the one you are Currently having this Debate ON Hint
Z2K_MrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:14 AM   #11
TECH Fanatic
 
Shooter_Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: MA
Posts: 1,401
Default

I've been to vegas twice, it's fun, but...buy the turbo!
Shooter_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:42 AM   #12
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
'00_Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: holding down the couch
Posts: 1,456
Default

You can go to Vegas any time, buy the turbo!
'00_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:02 AM   #13
Banned
iTrader: (8)
 
Super Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 'Merica
Posts: 1,785
Default

Buy a turbo to street race THEN go to vegas
Super Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #14
Launching!
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 278
Default

Turbo. Vegas is fun, but it'll be fun anytime you want to go. I've been there multiple times, and they were all similar experiences.

Plus, if you blow 90% of your money on a bad "Red" call and the other 10% on a hooker that turns out to be a dude you'll be really pissed off at yourself by the time you come back.
blackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:02 AM   #15
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
AronZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Murfreesboro TN
Posts: 1,682
Default

I'd say go to vegas for three or four days instead of 12. Hopefully you'll still have some $$$ left over.
AronZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #16
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 349
Default

as a resident of las vegas for 10 years i say go with the turbo.
white_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #17
TECH Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
chavez885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrat
Turbo. Vegas is fun, but it'll be fun anytime you want to go. I've been there multiple times, and they were all similar experiences.

Plus, if you blow 90% of your money on a bad "Red" call and the other 10% on a hooker that turns out to be a dude you'll be really pissed off at yourself by the time you come back.
LOL i hope thats not personal experience talkin blackrat
chavez885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:31 AM   #18
kp
8 Second Club
iTrader: (34)
 
kp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 10,861
Default

Go to Vegas and have some fun, that experience may enhance your life. The turbo will just send you down the road of poverty for years to come

Although it sounds backwards its the truth lol.
kp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:49 AM   #19
Moderator
iTrader: (14)
 
JayplaySS2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Miami, OH
Posts: 4,593
Default

Turbo
JayplaySS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #20
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
presto_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: sw fl.
Posts: 1,904
Default

well i have news... the turbo didnt workout so watch out vegas here i come

ill be sure to post up some pics and have a full review when i get back
presto_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone out in Vegas? That_Z28_Camaro Western Members 10 08-22-2013 11:50 AM
best tattoo shop in las vegas ibanez7 Western Members 9 12-01-2011 12:05 AM
WARNING LOTS OF PIC! 370 CI build StreetSilverado Drag Racing Tech 193 08-30-2011 08:55 PM
1998 SS Racecar, 408", N/A 500+ RWHP, N2O car 98CamZ28 What is it Worth? 9 01-04-2009 08:31 PM
Any cool spots to hang out in Las Vegas?? SS#2906 Western Members 29 04-08-2008 11:30 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: