Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

New dedicated message board for road race/autoX f-bodies

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New dedicated message board for road race/autoX f-bodies

This came out of a discussion on another board, and is not meant to siphon members away from here, but to give the road race/autoX community a dedicated and expanded place to have discussions online.

It is located at http://mtfba.org/rrforum

This is a dedicated board for road racing and autocross, and I hope we can break it out into several topics so that discussions can be more detailed than when these boards lump it all into 1 single forum.

Go check it out, post, use it. If no one uses it or cares for it, I'll just delete in in a few weeks, but I wanted to offer it and hope it will be an asset to the road racing/autoX f-body community.

Also, I'm going to rely on you guys to spread the word about the board.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I signed up
Old 01-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll give a try, but I think what we need is more people willing to discuss road racing. There sure doesn't seem to be the interest here like there is in drag racing. I like drag racing, but road racing seems more meaningful to me.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Launching!

The site had a name change to Fbody Road Race Autocross. www.frrax.com
Old 01-08-2004, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Both addresses will get you there.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

I agree with cal, except my interest is autoX...I would like to pay for my car before I road race it.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cal
I'll give a try, but I think what we need is more people willing to discuss road racing. There sure doesn't seem to be the interest here like there is in drag racing. I like drag racing, but road racing seems more meaningful to me.
I guess I don't understand your objection, FRRAX.com is specifically for an in-depth discussion of Road Racing and Autocrossing F-bodies. Seems to be exactly what you're asking for.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:01 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No objection really; this is a very worthy cause! I guess I was just wondering out loud how there is enough interest in Road Racing to have a forum dedicated to just that. It seems most people think a drag race proves a car; to me it's just an engine test. BTW, I like AutoX also, although Fbodies seem more suited to Open Road Racing than AutoX. I see smaller, lighter cars doing better on the small tracks. If I am wrong, someone please step in and set me straight!
Old 01-09-2004, 08:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well, the answer to your question of how there is enough interest is that FRRAX.com has been up since Dec. 23 and we already have 111 members registered. There was a need out there just waiting for somebody to fill it IMO.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool, I see both points mentioned above. It does seem there is more of a drag racing slant and Ive spent time in both camps. Took a 530rwhp car to Road Atlanta, also built up a nitrous car for 10 second passes at the strip.

Right now I'm leaning a little more towards RR and AX
Old 01-09-2004, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cal
BTW, I like AutoX also, although Fbodies seem more suited to Open Road Racing than AutoX. I see smaller, lighter cars doing better on the small tracks. If I am wrong, someone please step in and set me straight!
I agree...The autoX are small. There was one obstacle which I would not fit through if I went straight. It was a box with three cones in the center which you had to go around very quickly. I had to go in, and break the tires loose to get through clean. It was cool to see guys in miatas hit cones there and not me! As soon as I am capable of, I will begin road racing. What got you guys into it?
Old 01-10-2004, 12:04 AM
Launching!

Fbody's do well in their class. FS, ESP and CP are ruled by f-body's. When classed against other rear wheel drive V8's, they hold their own quite nicely.

I got into road racing after I had done autocross for a while. It was something I always wanted to do. Autocross taught me the car control I needed to feel safe going two to three times as fast with other cars on course at the same time.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

I just registered. I haven't had time to Autocross, but i'd like to start. Drag racing was boring to me.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tudds
I signed up
werd.

Quick Reply: New dedicated message board for road race/autoX f-bodies