Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

C5 T1/ST2 roller for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 T1/ST2 roller for sale

Light body damage (~2k worth)

bumper support bent in, easily cut off and re-welded straight, or possibly bent back

Bent inner tie rod will be repaired prior sale

Pictures prior to the motor detonating and causing damage at Road America can be found here: http://ronsonracing.wordpress.com/multimedia/pictures/

Lot's of spares including:

1 and 2 heat cycle Hoosier A6 scrubs
Hoosier A6 stickers
Hoosier A6 grooved intermediates
Hoosier wets
2 sets of Forgestar F14 wheels T1 legal sizes
1 set of C5Z06 repro wheels (4- 18x10.5)
spare tie rods
spare pads for front and rear
wiring harness
ecu (unsure of what tune is on it)
driver and passenger rocker panels (very hard to find)
OEM hubs
New T1 upper control arms
3qt accusump tank (removed from the car)
have to look to see what else

The Goods:
Race Technology DL1 data acquisition and DASH 1
Cobra Suzuka seat
Penske double adjustable shocks (freshly revalved in March 2011)
T1 suspension package (obviously)
slight cage modifications to include: stiffer rear section between frame rails, safer door bars with inserts welded in between the bars (NASCAR style), rigid mounted seat frame that keeps the seat tied into the cage/frame and not the floor boards, and added harness bar on main hoop for tall drivers.
Hardbar/Essex T1 AP calipers and rotors
SKF hubs on all 4 corners with less than 1 weekend on them
Cool suit ready
Rear bumper is painted satin black (just like C5R's only satin) and the rest is vinyl which is removable.
Has the required hand fire bottle and also an ESS AFFF fire system with 5 nozzles (2 on driver, 2 on fuel rails, 1 at PS fluid)
Moroso catch can (one of best on market)
New diff cooler pump
New trans cooler pump

The car is very fast and competitive. Out of 8 races I started this year I qualified on the front row in 6 of them including a pole at Auto Club Speedway and 3 podium finishes. The car out-qualified the field at ACS by a full second and with a full tank of gas (was worried about min weight after the race)and I still set the fastest race lap. Unfortunately it's time for me to move on now. Many know I have gone through a few motors with this car (4), each one let go for it's own specific reason and if I had more time to get the car ready from the beginning I would not have had these problems (well, except for the first one, no way to know about a clogged fuel filter because the previous owner didn't change it when installing a new motor); unfortunately I did not spend this time and it took it's toll on me. This is a former Phoenix built car for Mike Solley and was also owned and driven by Ed Zabinski and Scott Tucker (who will also testify to this car being fast).

Since I've owned the car:

2011:
- 6 front row race starts including 1 pole out of 8 races
- 3 podium finishes
2010:
- 4 podium finishes including:
- 2 race wins
2009:
- 4 podium finishes including:
- 3 race wins

$26k obo - low ballers will be ignored and window shoppers need not apply :thumbs:

Contact me @: ronsonracing@gmail.com

Best Regards,

Chris Ronson, Jr.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow Chris.. Im sorry to see you selling this.

I wish I could afford it, thats for sure! A great deal to be had by someone. To engineer a car like this one from scratch would cost a helluva lot more than what your selling it for.

Good luck!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks! It's been a long journey with the car and I wish I didn't have to part with it because I really enjoy both racing it and the class competition here in CA. But it's time to move onto bigger and better

Quick Reply: C5 T1/ST2 roller for sale