Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

VIR Full course in my Swapped Supra

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIR Full course in my Swapped Supra

Just ran a 2:13.3 in VIR Full course in my LS1-Supra.

Hankook Z215-C51 275/35/18 tires, this was the first time driving this car with real tires under it, the suspension needs some attention
Old 09-14-2012, 08:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

I could watch that video all day! I'm hoping to get back there Oct 13-14 in my WS6. Last time out in July I was able to get the WS6 into the mid teens, not to bad for a full weight bolt on only car. What are the specs on the Supra? Looks like it has a lexan windshild in it?
Old 09-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Teching In

it is in the 2700 range plus me. It was a chump car, LOL. The original chump version was built by Stewart/Hass racing for Tony and his crew to run VIR. Our team bought and after not being able to keep an inline 6 running for more than a few hours we dropped an Ls1 in it.

Bone stock LS1, even still has exhaust manifolds, breathing through a single 3" exhaust (nice and quiet as you can hear in the video), crappy single adjustable coilovers and 26 year suspension bushings. I think once I get the alignment straightened out I think it is a 2:08 car.

the windshield is a replacement glass, the rear is lexan.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Teching In

LOL subbing to my own thread so can answer
Old 09-17-2012, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Cool set up, do you have any pictures of the car? Reason I asked about the glass is that it looks like its moving a little at speed. My buddy has the track TTA record in his Z06 at 2:03, but he just blew the motor at the July event and won't be able to make the Oct event. I may be there with my Son and his accord, not sure if I'll be driving my WS6 that weekend or not.

Did you watch the VIR ALMs race that was on tv yesterday? pretty cool seeing the track from the camera angles they were using.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by beach cruiser
Cool set up, do you have any pictures of the car? Reason I asked about the glass is that it looks like its moving a little at speed. My buddy has the track TTA record in his Z06 at 2:03, but he just blew the motor at the July event and won't be able to make the Oct event. I may be there with my Son and his accord, not sure if I'll be driving my WS6 that weekend or not.

Did you watch the VIR ALMs race that was on tv yesterday? pretty cool seeing the track from the camera angles they were using.
SOrry I don't have any decent pics of the Supra. The windshield from my perspective is solid, it was just replaced and I tried to move it, seems ok
Old 06-22-2014, 05:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by beach cruiser

Here are a couple of pics of the stoopra
Attached Thumbnails VIR Full course in my Swapped Supra-photo-mar-27-5-16-37-pm.jpg   VIR Full course in my Swapped Supra-photo-mar-27-5-17-47-pm.jpg  

Quick Reply: VIR Full course in my Swapped Supra