Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

C6 Z06 A Street - Toledo Airport Autocross

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Z06 A Street - Toledo Airport Autocross

So the front shocks on the ESP Catfish are soaked in fluid, so I will be having them redone tomorrow. With this information I looked for a co drive for this last weekends autocross. Originally I was in to drive a STR MX5 miata, but once I got the response from a good friend that I could finally flog his 06 C6 Z06 (BFG Rivals, Grand sport rear shocks) in the Street class, well I couldn't pass that up.

Being a pony car driver for many years it always a good eye opener to see how good a car can be with a proper suspension setup even on street tires. Yes I wish I was on hoosiers still, but overall it was still incredibly fast and could be a consistent front runner.

My first run I was flagged down for a car spinning and not getting back up to speed in time. Since I was on BFG Rivals I just decided to hot lap it back into the staging lanes and get my "2nd" 1st run complete. I feel that I was asking too much of the front tires and that 505hp is hard to not want to use!!

The Owner's first run

And after these runs, the Rain Came...... so no more good times for anyone in 3rd or 4th heat. I did have some fun in the rain though, maybe too much.

Overall I was 2nd in PRO class behind a CP car (3rd place at Nationals) only .17xx behind, and 6th overall on index out of 173ish drivers. I would love to drive the car again and become more familiar and hopefully faster on some newer race rubber (Rivals S or RE-71R)

Last edited by Boss002; 05-18-2015 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Added results
Old 05-18-2015, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's awesome! I had my first autocross experience yesterday and I had a blast! I will definitely be making it a normal occurrence. Looks like you performed pretty well too!

Wish I had a friend that would let me race their Z06!
Old 05-18-2015, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

http://youtubedoubler.com/ftlP

Side by side videos
Old 05-18-2015, 07:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Smile

Great driving Ryan. That just cracks me up how fast these cars are stock.

Steve
Old 05-19-2015, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

Me too! Me too! I want to drive one of those cars as well. I'm an engineer by profession and I'm logical by nature. It seems like we would all benefit ourselves by taking the time/chance to drive other cars and to allow other drivers to drive our own. I know there is more to it than that but, I wish there were more events that my closer friends went to so we could swap cars for a few laps and just get a completely different experience.

Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 A Street - Toledo Airport Autocross