Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

NWOR Team Challenge & Event #3 @ Toledo Airport

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NWOR Team Challenge & Event #3 @ Toledo Airport

This last weekend the North Western Ohio Region was a little busy doing our own Team Challenge on Saturday, and then holding a 209 entry local event on Sunday.

The NWOR Team Challenge

For the Team challenge I chose to pick up a Co-drive in a newer autocrossers STR Miata . The Camaro needed new hubs replaced and didn't feel like completing it outside in the dark with the bugs biting. This autocrosser has less than a year's experience, but is ambitious and has already bought a nationally competitive STR NC 6 spd miata with Ohlins and other goodies, problem being he still has old Direzza tires on the car and not the new Rivals S or RE-71R's.

This wouldn't be such a big deal for some local autocrosses , but the team challenge stacked up with some tough team's and tough names. The point of the Team Challenge is simple, you draw a card, find the matching half of the card, and that is your team mate. You and your teammate have 4 attempts to set the best qualifying run with pax calculated. You then add the fastest clean time that's pax'd with your teammates and the combined time determines your seed.

Fastest Raw time with a drifted cone

My team was myself in STR and then a VW Rabbit in FSP. We seeded 2nd place in the 2nd heat.

Fastest qualifying run, but was sloppy

For comparison - this is the owners fastest qualifying run

The GoPro died before the elimination rounds, but 65.xxx was my qualifier and I made it to the Semi Finals of my heat eventually getting down to a 63.6xx

It was a fun day, but overall I DNF'd my last run after hitting a cone and going way to hard the rest of the run. Oh well

NWOR Event #3

The Camaro has new hubs, refreshed shocks, 90+ 2 year old hoosiers about to cord.... (needed to kill off to put RE-71R's on for Optima Team Challenge in 2 weekends). Not only this we ended up with 3 people driving the camaro this weekend. (1) in ESP, (1) in ESPL, and myself in PRO class. So the car was driving in 3 separate heats out of 5 and a total of 9 runs (3 runs per heat, with the 209 entrants).

The first Co-Driver (Carol) was the wife of the original owner and developer of this ESP car. I have changed only the seat, steering wheel, and wheels since i've owned the car and had great success. She was very happy to get back in a car she enjoyed so much.

The 2nd Co driver was my friend Chris which I shared his miata with him in STS for a very busy full season and other random times. He was a little cleaner so ultimately faster than Carol.

It was nice getting back into a car with moar power, grippier tires, but it wasn't directly easy to drive after practicing 8 runs in the miata the day before, but I enjoyed being back in my own car and ready to go!

This was my best run and it turned out a lot better than I thought. 3rd place in PRO class, and 5th overall on index !

For comparison, my old mustang is also being ran by my brother in cam C and here's his video

I did quite well given I watch the Cords come through on my run.

Last edited by Boss002; 06-10-2015 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:59 AM
Launching!

awesome looking course. I am going to have to come up there and check it out on a sunday event. How are the venues you will use for events 5, 6 and 7?

How is ssm car count?
Old 06-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Snkebait95
awesome looking course. I am going to have to come up there and check it out on a sunday event. How are the venues you will use for events 5, 6 and 7?

How is ssm car count?
Event #4 is a Match Tour
Event #5 is a smaller community college lot
Event #6 is the airport (you should attend)
Event #7 is the community college again.

As for SSM - here's the last event
Old 06-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Cool looks like my schedule is open for the event at the airport.

Quick Reply: NWOR Team Challenge & Event #3 @ Toledo Airport