Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

matt farah ls1 car review

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 02:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default matt farah ls1 car review

I posted this in the "west" section but would like to repost it since road race cars are generally more tricked out, so basicly Matt farah recently reviewed a lt1 trans am and said some nasty things about it, I was wondering if anyone here with a nicer ls1 would be interested in getting him to review there car, he says in the end of the video if someone with a nice ls1 in the california are would be down. The video is here
. Thank you!!
Old 08-10-2015, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

So...I own a 95 Z28 LT1 car and watching that video hearing his comments does not surprise me...clamped exhaust, stock brakes, stock shifter and possible alignment issue with a steering wheel issue.

That car comes across as a typical ragged out Fbody owned by a HS kid. Give him my car at 70K mi and LS1 brakes, shocks/springs/sway bars/watts link I think he will have a different perspective of 90's LT1 Fbody's. I don't think these cars will exhibit high build quality and will squeak/rattle. Sure you can dynomat the whole car though lol.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

I too watched his lack luster report of the firebird.... I guess I always take his assessments with a grain of salt and wonder how he ever got that gig. What does anyone expect from a GM 150K mile car that has been beat and put together on a shoe string budget? My 2002 Firehawk had 45K miles on it when I bought it and it had rattles and squeaks, that's the way they were built. I love the LS power and the T56 transmission and the way the car feels so the other stuff is easy to overlook. If a person doesn't like LS/T56 kind of power, then these cars are not going to be very favorable to the likes of BMW's, newer Vette's and the lot of performance cars now.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gscherer78ta
I too watched his lack luster report of the firebird.... I guess I always take his assessments with a grain of salt and wonder how he ever got that gig.

I have wondered the same thing...also that scrawny guy from Jalopnik. Actually, I do understand how the guy from Jalopnik is involved, just don't agree that he has an opinion worth listening to. IMO, the only qualified person from DRIVE is Chris.

Getting back to Farrah; how is a man that large qualified to judge automotive performance? His size alone will alter the handling characteristics. The guy's a friggin' giant.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

I didn't like the review either, but some of the comments were justified for a ragged out LT1. Someone REALLY needs to give him a clean LS1 drive. I would, but I'm not anywhere close to California.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I enjoy his videos and all the Drive stuff honestly. It's a ragged out LT1, what would anyone expect him to say? Even the cleanest LS1 fbodies I have been in are not world class cars and would fall victim to some similar complaints. You can't fault honesty. I enjoy most of his videos and lots of the Drive stuff honestly.

Million times better than American Top Gear at least
Old 08-11-2015, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That thing isn't in terrible shape for being a 93, but in contrast to the larger picture, it's still pretty shot out. Did they respond to the first person who stepped up saying they had an f-body?
Old 08-11-2015, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RikkiTorment
That thing isn't in terrible shape for being a 93, but in contrast to the larger picture, it's still pretty shot out. Did they respond to the first person who stepped up saying they had an f-body?
regardless of appearance, the issues with the steering and suspension lead me to believe the car needs basic mechanical which would severely detract from a driving review
Old 08-11-2015, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, in all fairness Matt Farah has always been a very biased land dwelling manatee. He seems like a cool guy, but it seems that he very rarely brings up a valid point that I will agree with in relation to cars.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

^agreed

Quick Reply: matt farah ls1 car review