Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

98 Trans Am - Forged 348, Single Turbo A/C Kit, Jakes 4L80E

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 98 Trans Am - Forged 348, Single Turbo A/C Kit, Jakes 4L80E

I am putting my 1998 Turbocharged Trans Am up for sale. 132k mi. Clean Oklahoma title. I've invested a lot of time and money into this car, but I have an opportunity to buy a car I've been obsessed with for years and I hate to pass up that opportunity.

Navy blue metallic, factory 6 speed car (converted to manual valve body 4l80e), gray leather interior.

Engine:
Forged 348 short block (LS6 block, assembled by Extreme Performance - now XP Racing - in Oklahoma City) Diamond pistons, Eagle rods, stock crank, ARP head studs. Stock '98 806 LS1 heads with Comp 918 springs, Comp lifters and pushrods. LS1 intake, 60lb injectors, stock t-body and no MAF (Speed Density tuned - 2 bar map). Cam is a Lingenfelter GT7 grind, 208/230-.554/.546 121LSA. NGK TR6 plugs.
Dual Walbro 255 in-tank pumps, stock feed, 6AN return, Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 1.5" mechanical fuel pressure gauge on regulator, FAST rails.
The car made 616rwhp/630rwtq @ 15psi thru the 6 speed. No numbers/times since the auto swap. Car feels faster and builds boost much better with a converter.

Turbo kit:
Turbo setup was fabbed by a local guy using a stock passengers side manifold, rearward 2.5" crossover that extends just behind the transmission, mated to a log style manifold on the drivers side (similar to the old school TTi street kit). The kit Retains A/C which works great! The turbo is mounted in the stock alternator location, and the alternator is relocated to above the passengers side cylinder head. Turbo is a MasterPower 70mm unit with a P-trim exhaust wheel. Any of the newer turbos will fit here in the 76mm ballpark. I'd planned on swapping the turbo to an On3 7875. The kit has a standard 4 bolt Ebay wastegate and xspower BOV. Cold side is 3" with a 4" core front mount intercooler. Manual boost controller. All hotside is ceramic coated inside and out (could use a repaint/coat), 3" downpipe mated up to a 3" exhaust back to a SLP dual/dual muffler (I just added this to the car to quiet it down some). The car has a Snow methanol kit (currently setup for 50/50 boost juice meth/water), using modified stock windshield washer reservoir as the tank.

The car has a Jakes Performance Stage 2 4L80E transmission in it currently. The transmission has the harness/box that Jake's sells to make the trans work as a forward manual valvebody, but this can be removed and the 98 ECU can be swapped to a newer unit (99+ fbody) and the trans can be computer controlled. Car has a B&M Stealth Pro Ratchet shifter. Rear mounted trans cooler with new lines.

Stock 10 bolt with 3.23's - fresh fluid swapped 5000 miles ago.

Suspension/Brakes:
SLP Bilstein shocks with DMS lowering springs
BMR boxed lower control arms
BMR subframe connectors
BMR rear swaybar
BMR Torque Arm Relocation 4L80 crossmember with stock torque arm
BMR adjustable panhard bar
Braided stainless brake lines
Cross drilled/slotted rotors

Wheels/Tires:
18x9.5/18x10.5 Deep Dish C5 style chrome wheels with 275/35/18 fronts and Toyo R888 315/30/18 rear tires.

Interior:
Alpine CD player with Aux input (Ipod), Kicker 6.5" components in front doors and a Polk db subwoofer in a drivers side stealth box.
Stock grey leather interior, seats are all in great condition (minus a small tear in the bolster on the drivers seat), power windows, power seat, locks etc all work. No cracks in door panels. Autometer dual gauge pod on the A-pillar with Cyberdyne digital red trans temp, and Autometer Sport Comp II boost/vacuum. One of the rear seat cushions is missing, the previous owner left it in the shed and it got wet and ruined. The rest of the backseat and belts are still in the car. These are a dime a dozen, I'd just planned to pull the backseat for a rollbar install and it didn't bother me.

Exterior:
7/10. There are some paint defects (stock '98 paint), but over all the car still looks very good. Some minor pitting in the chrome wheels, but they shine up very nice. The rear glass could use a retint and the side windows have no tint on them.
Matte black CETA and front bumper tag section trimmed for full access to front mount intercooler.

The car is easily 700+ hp capable thru the auto with a larger turbo. My only reason for selling is that I have a lead on a very rare car that I've always wanted and I feel I'll regret if I don't attempt to go after it.

$10,200 firm with OE wheels. $11,400 with 17x7/11 Billet Specialties Street Lites

Old 12-17-2016, 05:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I've been eyeing this car on Craigslist....If you by chance have this in a few months, I'm making a trip to Oklahoma! Gorgeous car
Old 12-21-2016, 09:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Car is sold
Old 12-21-2016, 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

What's the car you've been eyeing? I'm all curious now

Quick Reply: 98 Trans Am - Forged 348, Single Turbo A/C Kit, Jakes 4L80E