Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Time & difficulty for install: complete Racetronix fuel pump kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottyBG
I once hammered the hood venting fins shut on a C1, welded them closed and ground them smooth. I sprayed a coat of high build primer on them, and blocked them smooth, then repainted the hood.

The other corvette owners that heard I had done this didn't take "each to their own attitude" about it. I got hate mail. You would have thought I had burned an American flag, or slapped their daughters. There were people that would avoid me at car shows because I had done it. I liked the look of the smooth hood!!

You are totally correct, they are our cars that we pay for with our hard earned dollars. We really shouldn't judge wither someone cuts the trap door or not.

It's good to see you got your pump in and running, I've ran Racetronix pumps, and many of their items for years. There are a lot of Racetronix haters, just like Holley haters, they are out there. Mainly Racetronix dislike stems from the service side, but rarely do they have a quality or engineering issue. I don't hate on any vendors, they all have their faults. I just spend my money the best way I can, and sometimes that is buying from the vendor that has faults, because it is still the bang for the buck. (Well, I hate my cable company, so maybe that's not true, but they have the best internet so I'm still a customer). I think it is hard to beat Racetronix components for performance and engineering, for what you pay for them. It seems like you did OK at $250 for the labor. That seems about fair. Sometimes its hard to judge because every car is a little different, Some have been apart before that makes it a little easier to break things loose, and some have more corrosion than others and be harder to get apart, little things like that. I think you will be pleased with your choice for a long time.
LOL I got nasty looks sometimes from a certain corvetfe police NCRS types when I pop the hood of my 72 and old SBC w/Q-jet is long gone and they see the Dart 400 - its comic at times. I can't imagine the NCRS hate that would have came your way molding a C1!!

Long time ago I recall some folks hating on Racetronix about being slowly to market with some product. You're right all vendors have good and bad points.

Last edited by 99 Black Bird T/A; 03-21-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 496 Likes on 346 Posts

These guys would hate my neighbor. 1970 Vette with CF springs in back, coilovers in front, non-popup headlights, miles of vacuum accessory hose removed, and multiple iterations of late model aftermarket EFI'd NA and FI motors.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think that Dart looks good in there, I bet it drives great. The ultimate insult to those guys would be to drop a Modular or a Coyote in there. They might actually hurt you. I grew up in the street rod area, where the Nirvana for most people was the '40 Ford, but they were all modified and no one ever had a problem with it. Bob Drake is now pretty much completely reproducing them I believe. The theme was, "lets see who can be the most creative", and still have it in good taste. Your mods do look very tasteful and within the spirit of the car. Engine bay looks neat and clean. I do know of a few LS swapped C1s and C2s, and single C3 around here in BG, basically Corvette mecca, and people seem to be somewhat tolerant of that for drivers. There was a Long Hauler in an LS powered C1 on the power tour 2 years ago I remember too.

Quick Reply: Time & difficulty for install: complete Racetronix fuel pump kit?