What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What is a 4th gen Camaro hatch w/o spoiler worth?

Old 07-21-2017, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What is a 4th gen Camaro hatch w/o spoiler worth?

Hey all, I'm selling a 4th gen camaro hatch off a 98-02 SS. The guy that was selling it refused to take the spoiler off and sell the spoiler seperate, so I had to buy the hatch with it. Now I'm ready to sell the hatch, what are they worth without a spoiler? I have it listed for $40.00 on here and on craigslist for local pick up.. is that too low? not really sure what they're worth. Thanks!
Old 07-23-2017, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Still looking for some input. Thanks
Old 07-23-2017, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Problem is that is not something that ever needs replacing. Very rare to damage your hatch with these cars.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sure it's not cheap to someone who needs to buy one. I recall seeing a 2001 WS6 with 31K miles back in 2011. It was left outdoors all its life and probably never waxed. There were big fiberglass chunks of the spoiler and hatch missing. Probably cheaper to buy a good used piece than trying to repair. Price of a hatch back with glass ought to be comparable to other used body panels. Fwiw, the hatches do develop cracks right above the rear locking mechanism from slamming them down from full height. I'd bet many of them out there are cracked, even on lower mileage cars.

If no one has inquired about it priced at $40 that's probably your answer. Though it sure does sound cheap.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:57 AM
Teching In

Yeah, I listed it this week on here and craigslist. I have one guy trying to get a pickup truck tracked down to borrow to come buy it off me, but i figured it was a little tricky to price being it doesn't have a spoiler on it. You never know someone may have a smashed hatch window or like Brian said, someone has a nasty condition hatch and wants to redo a nicer one. Thanks for the input guys!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is a 4th gen Camaro hatch w/o spoiler worth?