Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1999 Trans Am WS6 Clone 67k Clean - Cammed / Stalled

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1999 Trans Am WS6 Clone 67k Clean - Cammed / Stalled

Year: 1999
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $10000
Mileage: 67000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IA
Color: Beige
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Considering selling my 99 Trans Am. WS6 clone you could all it too since it does have a ram air hood and a badge on the rear. Clean title never wrecked.

I bought the car completely bone stock over a year ago with 57k on it.

In April/May I did the cam along with 862 heads and an ls6 intake.

Exterior is in very good condition. Has a couple paint chips and a few minor scuffs you can't really feel in the paint would come out with a good buffing. Otherwise it's a beautiful car and gets a ton of compliments. Interior is also very nice. Light wear on drivers seat bolster. No cracks in dash. Passenger door panel plastic has crack. Drivers door does not have a crack.

Trufiber Ram Air hood I bought new about a month ago and had painted by a friend of mine. They're known for being the truest to OEM aftermarket and best quality and it shows. The hood is a great piece and of good quality. I have close to $1000 in the hood alone.

Fun stuff:
Texas Speed Longtube 1 3/4" Headers
Texas Speed 3" Y-Pipe
SLP Loudmouth 1 Catback
42lb Delphi Injectors (flowtested and cleaned this spring before install)
3.73 Gears
Yank SS 3600 Stall
BTR Stage 3 Cam
862 Heads with fresh valve job, seals, and cleaning from machine shop.
Isky .660 Valvesprings
LS7 Lifters
Manley 7.4" Chromoly Pushrods
SLP Lid
LS6 Intake modded to retain factory coolant pipes.
!EGR Delete
!AIR Delete
Autometer Carbon Trans Temp Gauge
Innovate MTX-L Wideband
MSD Plug Wires
NGK TR55 plugs currently
Hayden Aftermarket Trans Cooler

and of course everything else that comes with a heads/cam/intake swap. Lots of new gaskets/seals including headgaskets, new head bolts, etc.

Race Star Dark Stars 15x3.75 & 15x8.
Brand new 165/80/15's on the front and brand new nitto 555r 275/50/15s on the back.

The only things the car could use:
oil leak from oil pan gasket . was putting off until I bought a tubular k-member since it doesnt leak enough to stop me from driving it/taking it on road trips.

Then it really needs a good tune. Currently has a mail-order tune from Frost. It drives great but WOT isn't great. Mid 12 second car as it sits - with a tune I'd expect every bit of a high 11 second car especially with some suspension.
Also oil pressure gauge sits at max, i believe a wire or something got pinched when putting the intake back on. Worked fine prior to cam swap.

Then besides all that - everything works on the car.
Factory Monsoon Stereo and speakers all are still working great.
Cruise control works.
Power drivers seat /w lumbar and all that.
Cold A/C works great
Hot heat.
Power windows and power locks all work good.
Still have both keyfobs and extra keys that work great.

I still have the stock hood in great shape minus some paint chips and the stock heads, stock cam, stock exhaust, stock air box, and some other misc stock stuff.

I have practically daily driven this car since doing the build. I've put almost 3000 miles on it since May. I've driven it on multiple 2-3 hour trips. I'd trust it to go anywhere. It's a great car with a lot more potential.

Car has hardly been beat on as well since the setup. Been waiting to beat on it much until it has a good tune. But you can beat on it, just doesn't pull as hard as a good tuned cam'd LS would.

I've been going back and forth on building this into a monster or finally trying to do something I've been talking about for the last 5 years and finding a clean third gen to do a fairly serious LS build in and I'm finally at that point of feeling ready to do it since i just graduated college, got a good job, bought a house and finally have my own work space to have a serious project.

I figured I'd go ahead and throw this thing up before I spend any more money on it. If no one wants it at this price in the next month or so I'll probably start putting money into suspension, a good set of aftermarket heads, and a plate kit and keep it for the forseeable future.

Here's a current idle video (sorry its dirty in this video, and was prior to the hood and such as you can tell)

Price drop: $10,000 firm
It's a clean title.

1999 Trans Am WS6 Clone 67k Clean - Cammed / Stalled-a3ys8s8.jpg
1999 Trans Am WS6 Clone 67k Clean - Cammed / Stalled-wijhb38.jpg
1999 Trans Am WS6 Clone 67k Clean - Cammed / Stalled-dmncfuz.jpg
1999 Trans Am WS6 Clone 67k Clean - Cammed / Stalled-pxbiu8o.jpg
1999 Trans Am WS6 Clone 67k Clean - Cammed / Stalled-dcaehlm.jpg
1999 Trans Am WS6 Clone 67k Clean - Cammed / Stalled-30b8j1u.jpg
1999 Trans Am WS6 Clone 67k Clean - Cammed / Stalled-5aymfnp.jpg
Attachment 719232
Attachment 719233
Attachment 719234
1999 Trans Am WS6 Clone 67k Clean - Cammed / Stalled-r0nyf91.jpg
Attached Thumbnails 1999 Trans Am WS6 Clone 67k Clean - Cammed / Stalled-ta14.jpg  

Last edited by El-Ess-Won; 09-05-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

Price dropped to $10,000 firm.
Found something I want asap. If the car I want sells or this doesn't go anywhere i the next couple weeks I'm just going to keep it and continue with my plans for it.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Had request for video. Made a quick walk around tonight
Old 09-05-2017, 08:18 AM
Staging Lane

Bump

Bought my new car last weekend so the TA is just sitting now and will continue to sit for the most part except for probably having the gf follow me to car shows and such with it.
Even took the TA on the 10 hour trip to Indiana and back for the new car. It didn't skip a beat.
As low as I'm willing to go on price for this thing.
If needed I'll sit on it until Spring when I imagine it'll sell fast when the market makes its usual spike
Old 09-11-2017, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

One last bump before I send this off to a buddys to store it over winter. Will probably give it to him by October 1st as I now have my boosted coyote and never drive the TA. If I do give it to him I'm going to just sling him some $ to replace the oil pan gasket while he has it. Granted I will probably relist in spring for closer to 12.5k which is closer to what I was suggested for a price in the "What's it worth" section here.

10k firm this month then it gets put away for winter!
Old 09-21-2017, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

sold - thanks all

Quick Reply: 1999 Trans Am WS6 Clone 67k Clean - Cammed / Stalled