Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2005 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG Immaculate, Maintained and Updated OBO

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG Immaculate, Maintained and Updated OBO

Year: 2005
Make: Mercedes-Benz
Model: SL-Class
Price: $21000
Mileage: 115999
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Silver
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

I have for sale or trade my 2005 Mercedes SL55 AMG, Silver in color with grey leather interior. The car has always been enthusiast owned and maintained (see all maintenance below) and updated tastefully. My SL has 115,000 miles on it. My SL has always been garaged since day one and lived at our Las Vegas property for most of its life before coming to New Smyrna in July, so it has never seen any bad weather.

The 505 hp 5.5L Supercharged V8 is completely stock, the car has always been fast enough for us as is. It is backed by a 5 speed automatic with paddle shifters. Everything on the SL works as it should with no issues.

My SL is heavily optioned from the factory, but a few options worth mentioning are Keyless GO, Heated Seats, Dynamic Massaging Seats, Bose Premium Sound, and factory SL65 AMG wheels. The SL65 Wheels was a $10,000 option on the car.

The biggest upgrade I made to the car: Eliminating the crappy COMAND head unit. The car was originally fitted with Mercedes notoriously difficult to use and woefully outdated by today's standards COMAND system. The early navigation was unusable, modules for Sirius radio, bluetooth, etc are expensive and the bluetooth doesn't work with a lot of modern phones.
I installed a top of the line Pioneer AVIC 8000NEX. This is not as easy as most cars. The Mercedes uses a fiber optic loop to communicate the COMAND head unit with various other modules in the car (the instrument cluster, CD changer, etc). I had to buy a special interface module to allow pulg and play install of the head unit while maintaining the fiberoptic loop, it's various functions and not generate any error codes. The car now has the updated head unit while maintaining the factory speakers and amps. The module, face plate trim, install components, head unit, etc were about $3,000 with me doing to labor intensive install. The result is fantastic though - modern functionality with bluetooth phone interface, garmin nav, sirius satellite radio, USB connectivity to phone, tablet or USB hard drive to play MP3's, accepts MP3's on flash drive, plays video, etc.

Other updates include: Smart Top Module (allows for top operation using key fob), Aluminum shifter PAWL, Carbon Splitter and Rear Diffuser.

The car has been meticulously maintained, the ABC Suspension has had a fluid flush every 20,000 miles or year. Which ever comes first. This has been key in keeping everything working as it should. Oil has been every 5,000 miles with Mobil 1. Continental DWS 06 tires in OEM size were fitted 1,000 miles ago.

Here is a list of all parts changed (receipts available for everything):

-Front control arms - Left side control arm bushing was showing slight wear so, I changed both front arms which includes new lower ball joints - $398
-4 wheel alignment w/ eccentric bolts replaced - $322
drivers side door handle replaced $369
-Transmission fluid flushed at Merc service center - $267
-Brake Rotors, front and read, genuine Mercedes - $427
-ABC valve blocks rebuilt front and rear
-ABC Accumulators (pulsation dampeners in the suspension system) replaced (the car has 4 total, all 4 replaced) $560
-Engine mounts replaced - $150
-Auto transmission mount replaced - $32
-Driveshaft flex disks replaced - one front, one rear. They showed little sign of wear but, I had the exhaust out to replace the engine mounts so they were accessible. - $255
-4 new Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires 1,000 miles ago (these are the tires Mercedes fits to the car when new and are selected for their sustained high speed rating as well as the weight of the vehicle).
-Replaced supercharger pulley bearing - $80
-Replaced belts - Serp and Supercharger - $70
-Spark plugs (twin plug head = 16 plugs) - $145
-Spark plug wires - $168
-Rear diff fluid changed - $20
-Supercharger oil changed - $20
-Cabin filters - $70
-Rear consumers battery replaced this year, starter battery a few years ago.
-Shift PAWL upgraded to aluminum part - $80
-Several ABC fluid flushes. Last one performed last week (June 23 2017) - $120 ABC filters ($40x3), 8 quarts Pentosin CHF11s (18/each) each time $128 each flush
-Pioneer AVIC 8000NEX, MOST fiber optic interface, steering wheel adapter, dash kit, etc - $2800
-SmartTop module - $300

Car has been a joy to drive and as close to flawless as a 12 year old car can be. Selling to help fund the purchase of a new house.

Asking $21,000 OBRO but please consider condition and maintenance when looking at SL55s or any other R230 Mercedes. I looked at 11 SL55s before purchasing this one in 2013 and very quickly learned that "cheap" SL55s will cost you a lot more than a well maintained one very quickly. Clean title in hand.
Attached Thumbnails 2005 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG Immaculate, Maintained and Updated OBO-01313_khdkehbpeif_1200x900.jpg   2005 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG Immaculate, Maintained and Updated OBO-00n0n_g3etf5apgqp_1200x900-2.jpg   2005 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG Immaculate, Maintained and Updated OBO-00202_dsmxgt27des_1200x900.jpg   2005 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG Immaculate, Maintained and Updated OBO-00v0v_2n1xeo0inp3_1200x900.jpg   2005 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG Immaculate, Maintained and Updated OBO-00c0c_id8f8jbzale_1200x900.jpg  

2005 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG Immaculate, Maintained and Updated OBO-00707_brifmk4ncgo_1200x900.jpg   2005 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG Immaculate, Maintained and Updated OBO-00h0h_evwxgycfxcn_1200x900.jpg   2005 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG Immaculate, Maintained and Updated OBO-00p0p_lmqaxrffm5o_1200x900.jpg   2005 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG Immaculate, Maintained and Updated OBO-00t0t_i98yt8psnhn_1200x900.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2005 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG Immaculate, Maintained and Updated OBO