Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1997 Camaro SS 30th Anniversary - Excellent Shape

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1997 Camaro SS 30th Anniversary - Excellent Shape

Year: 1997
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $8900
Mileage: 85000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): Can-ON
Color: White
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

I am thinking of selling my 1997 Camaro SS 30th Anniversary Edition that has been part of a personal car collection for many years. Lovingly cared for and used sparingly as a summer driver as demonstrated by its relatively low mileage of 85,000 miles. The car remains in remarkable condition for its age. This is car number 613, one of only 957 30th Anniversary Edition Camaro SS’s built.

In addition to the base SS package, this particular car got a 3" "Two-On-The-Left" Stainless Steel Exhaust System, which boosts the rated horse power up to 310hp. The car also got a Bilstein Stage II Track Suspension - which still handles great and rides firm with no clunks, rattles or squeaks

The car’s historical build status has been validated with the SLP registry and build information along with a full list of both SLP and GM installed options can be found here: http://www.slpregistry.com/car/8554.html

The car is absolutely rust and accident free and wears its factory original Arctic White paint and Hugger Orange stripes which still looks great and shines with beautiful deep gloss. The paint has been professionally touched up in a few spots over the years and shows some minor cracking in a couple small areas on the front and rear bumper covers.

The factory original interior is equally as nice with no noteworthy wear or stains on the original Arctic White leather seats while the; carpet, interior panels, controls, etc. are ‘as new’. The only defects are a few “fins” broken out of the defroster vent in the center of the dash pad and a couple cigarette burn marks in the headliner from a careless passenger. All electronics and options work as they should including the power windows, air conditioning, keyless entry and the factory optional Monsoon 8-speaker sound system, which still sounds great!

The car is in excellent mechanical condition; the LT1 starts right up, runs smooth, sounds incredible through the SLP exhaust, pulls strong and doesn’t burn or leak a drop of oil. The automatic transmission is quick to respond and shifts smooth. The steering and suspension is tight, the car handles like its on rails with no abnormal noises or vibrations. Maintenance is up date with fresh fluids throughout, new brakes and new tires within the last couple of years. The tires are the correct 275/40 ZR17 BFGoodrich G-Force Sports with tons of tread left.

The car was originally sold new through Medeiros Williams Chevrolet in Wilbraham, MA and was imported to Ontario Canada in the mid-2000’s. The car comes with a copy of the Original GM Dealer Invoice and the Camaro SS Owner’s Manual Supplement still in its factory sealed plastic sleeve.

I hate to put this car up for sale, it's a car that I'd wanted to own since I was just a kid, but I have too many cars, and not enough time to enjoy them. Time to reset some priorities.

My asking price is less than what I have invested into this car and you would be hard pressed to find one comparable for the same.

Feel free to ask questions, I also have a bunch more photos I can send anyone seriously interested in the car.

I am located in Toronto Canada, and can help with transportation arrangements and/or recommend a transport company that I have personally used to move cars in the past.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Gorgeous car
Old 05-27-2017, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That's really nice. I've always loved the 1997 anniversary car with white/orange.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Firebrian
That's really nice. I've always loved the 1997 anniversary car with white/orange.
ditto!
Old 05-28-2017, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys, the weather finally improved here and I've been enjoying the car over the last couple of days. Definitely going to miss it when it sells.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

WOW!!! Very tempting. So this is a Canadian domestic car?
Old 05-31-2017, 09:41 AM
Teching In

Hey Mike, it's actually a U.S car, originally sold new through Medeiros Williams Chevrolet in Wilbraham, MA. It was imported to Ontario Canada in the mid-2000’s by a collector. Last year he decided to thin out his collection a bit and put this, a Ferrari 360 and a Viper up for sale, it was the first time I had seen one of these in person and I had to have it, so I grabbed it.

The gauge cluster remains the original U.S cluster with imperial units.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow. I need to find someone local to it check it out for me
Old 06-01-2017, 08:17 AM
Teching In

Anytime, just let me know. I do plan (weather permitting) to have the car at the Canadian Camaro Nationals in Oakville Ontario on June 10/11.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok thank you
Old 06-14-2017, 09:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Beautiful car! Where are you located?
Old 06-15-2017, 07:30 AM
Teching In

Hey, thanks. I am in Toronto Canada.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know what it would take to bring the car back into the U.S?
Old 06-16-2017, 07:34 AM
Teching In

Well, I've only done it from the other side; that is I've brought cars up from the US into Canada, and I've also sold a couple cars to buyers in the US in the past, but I am not familiar with all the paperwork details.

It's fairly simple though, as long as the car is allowable into the US (obviously a 97 Camaro would be). It's really just a matter of satisfying the boarder crossing requirements and then whatever your state requires to get it registered.

When I sold my 79 Triumph Spitfire to a guy in Pennsylvania a couple years ago he drove up with his pickup and a U-Haul trailer, I gave him the signed off Ontario ownership and a bill of sale, and he got home through the border without any hassles. Once home he would've had to get a state inspection and whatever else is required to register a car in PA. If memory serves he called the border agency a couple days before he planned to come through to give them a heads-up, so they were ready for him.

The cars I bought into Canada from the US came from further states (FL & CA) so I had a company called TFX International handle it all for me. It's not cheap ($2-3K depending on the distance), but they handle everything, paperwork included, and the car shows up at my door.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

beautiful car! assume your price is US? not CAN$?

I'm going to check Uship. I wouldn't mind one of these around.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Price is in USD.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:19 PM
Teching In

TTT
I am working on other projects and would love to see the SS find a new home and the attention it deserves.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

I have come back to this ad at least 5 times.. trying to decide if I should get my motor and trans built or buy this.. beautiful car!
Old 07-06-2017, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z28jimmy
I have come back to this ad at least 5 times.. trying to decide if I should get my motor and trans built or buy this.. beautiful car!
you and me both
Old 07-15-2017, 11:59 AM
12 Second Club

Gorgeous car, makes me miss my 30th Anniv SS, GLWS!

Quick Reply: 1997 Camaro SS 30th Anniversary - Excellent Shape