What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2001 black/black WS6 only 18k on the dash

Old 10-16-2017, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 black/black WS6 only 18k on the dash

Seriously considering selling my car that has about 18,300 miles on the dash. She is a M6, interior is almost immaculate. I bought her with 13,888 miles. No cracks on the door panels although showing slight signs that is could happen. Have spare set of door panels and brand new set of WS6 center caps in plastic that I would include. T-tops with the t top shades. CD changer, bright black paint...although showing slight fade on a couple spots on the hood that only appear at certain angles. Few scratches and most have to be really looked for. Small ding beside passenger door lock. I am the 2nd owner. Just throwing out things that come to mind but if there are any specific questions I can answer them. Title in hand. Has the Lloyd Trans Am floormats and deck mat. She is kept garage and really is a gorgeous car. Gets compliments all the time. SLP lid. Niosigns on wear or fade on the radio buttons...seriously looks brand new
Old 10-16-2017, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm assuming it's 100% stock except air lid. Not many stock WS6's with 5 digit mileage still on the stock shifter. Orig tires? I'd place it in the $16K-$18K value range for average condition for the mileage. With car season now about wrapped up you might get offers in the $15K-$17K range. Black WS6 M6's with low miles are always in demand. I think you should get $16K min.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

I would guess that this is the 2nd set of tires on the car. They were replaced by the dealer when i bought the car. I have not yet replaced them but they still look great. I know M6's are getting harder to come by especially in this condition. I agree with your assessment in the price range. I did have the A.I.R. deleted and tuned out of the system which cleaned up the engine bay a bit. Other than that and the lid, everything appears to be stock. As of this moment, the odometer reads 18,253 with no intentions of adding to that anytime soon.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:35 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,462 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Originally Posted by staleycornell
I know M6's are getting harder to come by especially in this condition.
Not really any shortage of M6 cars, plenty are out there even with low miles, it's more about supply/demand ratio....everybody wants them so they command a higher price and don't stay on the market as long. In my area, it's the low mile A4 cars that are hard to find, but that doesn't help their value much because they are in very low demand; only myself and about three other people are ever looking for low mile A4s. Haha.

Anyway, I think Firebrian nailed it above. Only caveat is the AIR delete that you later mentioned; there's more than one way to tune it out of the PCM, but if not done properly then it still might not pass a local OBD E-test even if you don't have an SES light showing. That could be a problem for some shoppers depending on their location, and would require the cost of a re-tune should it need to be fixed. Or, if they have a strict visual inspection to pass (e.g. California) then the system will have to be reinstalled. Of course, this is moot if you sell to someone without local testing and/or you already know that it would pass as long as there is no visual.

Black '01+ WS6 M6 is about as popular as it gets with the 4th gen crowd. Should have no trouble selling it if advertised and priced right, though top dollar won't often be found at this time of year if that's your goal.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I think 17-18, might have to wait a while to get it but you eventually will. I paid mid 16's for my car a few years ago. It was 100% stock, didn't even have a lid. That was a must for me even though I have modded some myself since buying it.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

THANKS for the feedback. When the time comes, I will more than likely list it on this site so it will go to a good home to someone with an appreciation of these beasts.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:52 PM
Teching In

I may be interested if its available sometime in the next few months.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

More than likely it will be. The only reason for the wait is because I can probably get a tad more out of it during the spring. But I am open to discussing it now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 black/black WS6 only 18k on the dash