Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Racetronix fuel pump in factory basket - complete

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 08:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Racetronix fuel pump in factory basket - complete

Category: Engine - Intake/Fuel
Price: $150
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird
Location (State): NC
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

I am selling my fuel basket, complete with a new tank pressure sensor (just ordered before I decided to replace the basket) and Racetronix fuel pump with about 200 miles on it since installing in May. Bucket is not modified, still uses the pump suction to fill the basket with fuel.

Background:

I was replacing the pump because my old Racetronix had a bad check valve since it was new. This one worked great. I found I had a seal leak, the ring was not fully tight around the sending unit during that swap. After that, I was having trouble filling my gas tank so I needed to drop it and swap out my evap parts. I found a mist on the underbody which looked old, but I wasn't sure. I am tired of dropping the tank so I wanted to just replace the sending unit, I didn't want to try to reuse the racetronix parts so I ordered an assembly complete with a new pump. It may have also been my old line seal, I was replacing them with all braided stainless/Teflon line. I pressure tested/leak checked the sending unit and could find nothing wrong, but since I am concerned I am just trying to recover some money from the new setup. The pumps are normally $150 and the pressure sensor $15. So I feel for $150 shipped with good basket parts is fair. Again, the pump only has been run 200 miles (I swapped it in May this year).

The reality is the basket may be perfectly fine, but I would rather not try to get money for it since I have some concerns.
Attached Thumbnails Racetronix fuel pump in factory basket - complete-img_7633.jpg   Racetronix fuel pump in factory basket - complete-img_7636.jpg   Racetronix fuel pump in factory basket - complete-img_7638.jpg  
Old 06-12-2016, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

So is your recommendation that whoever buys this, use their factory basket and swap everything over to it, or is the basket you are selling perfectly fine?
Old 06-12-2016, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

My recommendation is to swap. My concern was the fue line connections or leak from electrical section. However, I was unable to find anything. I would inspect and make a call on your own, but I priced it in case there is an issue with the plastic factory unit.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Bump, appears it was my evap system causing the problem so I don't expect this basket to have anything wrong with it at this point. Regardless, still looking to get $150 for it shipped.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Anyone interested? I still have this.

Quick Reply: Racetronix fuel pump in factory basket - complete