Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

tko500b4c, don't bother buying his stuff, not worth it to save $5

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Default tko500b4c, don't bother buying his stuff, not worth it to save $5

I'm not going to rant and rave or make personal insults like some people do in this section (which is why I read it for the entertainment value), I'll just lay out the happenings as objectively as possible and you can draw your own conclusions.
I bought a crossmember from his listing here https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...ssmembers.html

It arrived in a beaten up and torn box which the small parts had fallen out of. I told him of this and he said he never said it would come with the mounting hardware and to go spend another $10-15 on it because hey, it's still cheaper than new. I flew home this trip so the car this was intended for is my only transportation at the moment. This would be fine if the crossmember came with all its parts, but as it is however, getting to Fastenal isn't exactly the easiest thing to do. Given that you can pick these up new on ebay for $250ish with ebay bucks promos, buying from him wasn't even much cheaper. I just figured if I could save a couple dollars and help someone unload a part with a very narrow spectrum of potential buyers it would be a win-win for us both. Turns out I was wrong. I can understand these things happen, but when people start volunteering my time and money instead of their own that just seems like a dick move. Fortunately I used a credit card so will just dispute whatever amount with them. AMEX is good like that. My time is worth more than any of this, but sadly that's not something that's possible to get back.

In summary, I'd suggest you not bother buying things from him, as you can match or beat his prices on ebay and get things direct from the source.

If you are super bored here is our conversation, make of it what you will.

Me-Hi, the crossmember came, it was kind of just loose inside a box without any packing.
The top was open, there are holes in the box and it would seem the bolts and washers have fallen out at some point along the way because they are not in the package. All I got was the crossmember itself inside an otherwise empty and completely unpadded cardboard box.

Him -That is exactly how they ship them believe it or not. That particular box I retaped the ends before shipping that was the first time it was opened. The 4L60 cross member utilizes the factory mounting location and hardware. To my knowledge there is no hardware included. The 4L80 cross member does come with hardware if my memory serves me right.

Me - According to the product description on their website (and the pic in the listing here)
it comes with the bolts, spacers and washers, all things I wasn't planning on having to make a trip to go buy.

Him - I would give them them a call and ask if it's supposed to have them. If so it will probably be a few bucks to get a kit or grab them at a local hardware store. That hardware is readily available everywhere and cheap. You can ask them if they don't supply that hardware to Summit where I bought it. If so, then it didn't get included.
Nothing fell out of the box, you got exactly what I received earlier this year when I bought it.

Me- How can you say nothing fell out when the box arrived torn open?
I did call them before I decided to buy it from you.
The website clearly says "Includes new mounting hardware" and "To utilize the provided 7/16 hardware it is necessary to enlarge the holes in the frame rails with a 1/2″ drill. Several reviews of the crossmember on Summit's site mention the fact that it comes with bolts, so there is no ambiguity here.
I bought this stuff so I wouldn't have to run around to various places buying extra stuff like this, and considering I already paid you for them I shouldn't have to go spend a few more bucks to get a kit or waste time going to a hardware store. I should have what I paid for, which I don't think is unreasonable.

Him - I can can tell you nothing fell out of the box, because I opened it and taped it back up before sending it. There is no ambiguity here, I didn't receive the hardware nor did I claim to. So your going to have to order a bolt kit for $10-$15 which is still significantly less than what you would pay for it new. If I had a kit I would of included it.

Me -In your previous reply you said "I would give them a call and ask if it's supposed to have them" and "You can ask them if they don't supply that hardware to Summit where I bought it. If so, then it didn't get included." It's pretty clear you don't know for certain whether that stuff was in there or not. You never said at any point prior to the purchase these things did not come with it, you did however provide a picture showing them and a link to a description clearly saying these things are included. If I wanted to order things extra I would have.

And that's where it ended. So much for this week going smoothly.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:18 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bad luck bro ..

i dealt with that guy before ,
i don't like his attitude,
when he bought LS6 intake once he recived the intake he sent me PM :

I can't wait for you to explain to me why you filled the intake with sand? This is absolutely bullshit man. You had better be refunding me the full $360 immediately. You can expect a PayPal dispute to be opened with the supporting pictures uploaded to the case. I also left you the appropriate feedback.
i received Neg itrader rate and paypal case opened at same time !
after that he want to keep the intake and get full refund
his request was full refund, i decline and i ask him to return the intake and ill pay shipping

conversation via Emails :

Me : Once the intake is received by DHL ill will send u replacement intake
ill will send u pic inside and outside of the intake before packing,
kindly remove negative Itrader rating
as im willing to satisfy my customer.
after u received the replacement intake u can leave an itrader rating of your choice.

Thanks for being patient

Him: didn't leave any feedback anywhere, I thought contacting you first would be best. And I was right.

I'm packing the intake up right now and leaving it on my porch with a sign for DHL to pickup.

Please send the same style LS6 intake complete with throttle cable bracket. And maybe if you have a spare throttle body laying around for my troubles

Me : the feedback i mean its on Itrader in ls1tech,

Him : Ahh. Ok. That was my buddy who arranged all this.

I'll tell him to remove it now.

Thanks,

---------

im struggling to figure out who actually posted this feedback, the user himself or his "friend" or who is the buyer !!!
so i return the intake and i full refund him and never send him intake or FREE TB
cuz in the end paypal will support the buyer and will take the amount by force

and im sure it's not the intake i sent, my intakes all are dipped and cleaned !! and i have good Itrader rates !

lol btw i have question im seller why ill fill the intake with sand ?

for shipping charge ?

Last edited by abbas461; 09-21-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

A free throttle body? That's pretty lame, I can't imagine anyone even thinking about saying that. What in the world is wrong with people these days. From now on I'm not dealing with new people or people without feedback.
I just checked my pms and he said if he has the stuff on hand from his other crossmember he'll send it to me, so I dunno. I really don't even care at this point. **** happens, boxes get torn, that's life, but I hate planning stuff out and buying parts so I can get to work while I'm at home, only to find out I didn't get what I paid for because someone decided not to be accurate in their listings or didn't feel like taking 30 extra seconds to package something in a decent fashion. None of this is end of the world types of stuff, but it isn't really worth the hassle either.

Quick Reply: tko500b4c, don't bother buying his stuff, not worth it to save $5