Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Ripped Off by Jason Mott (JMP Motorsports)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ripped Off.... Any ideas????? PLEASE HELP.

In mid August a friend of a friend reffered me to JMP Motorsports in Conroe, Tx right north of Houston. After talking to the guy, I placed my 96 T/A in his shop for full headwork, a cam install, headers, and dyno tuning and stupidly payed him up from the full $2300 (yes I know it was a dumb decision). Shortly after placing it in the shop, he closed that location and moved the car to his house, bullshitting us the entire time. Then moved the car to his new shop, then back to the house. This was a consistent process.
After repeated conversations and him not answering his phone calls, the car was returned back to my house w/o any notice. The engine bay was a mess w/ the heads on and cam installed, and several parts missing. Did not return money. Would not answer any phone calls. We ordered the headers and other needed parts and placed the car in a reputable shop. They checked the engine w/o pulling the heads and installed the headers and other neccessary parts.
Well after about 3 weeks, I began leaking antifreeze, we pull the heads and find out that only three bolts were torqued down by Jason Mott (JMP). Sent the heads off to a machine shop and found that they were poorly ported, no port-matching, mis-shaved floors,ect. Well the bill is now going to be 4600 after the engine is done right, the way it was to be done the first time, and that is still w/o fuel injectors and a dyno tuning.
I have all paperwork and reciepts and 4 witnesses showing that I paid the money. I also have pics of the terrible headwork and two mechanics write-ups of what was wrong. How should I go about getting all my money back. I know the most feasable way would be to go to small-claims court, knowing I have a very good case. If there are any lawyers here or if anybody in the Houston area knows a lawyer that can help, please post or email me. Please help me I am despirate for this money.
Taylor
Old 01-14-2004, 01:52 AM
On The Tree

Angry Ripped Off...Please Help..... Any Ideas???

In mid August a friend of a friend reffered me to JMP Motorsports in Conroe, Tx right north of Houston. After talking to the guy, I placed my 96 T/A in his shop for full headwork, a cam install, headers, and dyno tuning and stupidly payed him up from the full $2300 (yes I know it was a dumb decision). Shortly after placing it in the shop, he closed that location and moved the car to his house, bullshitting us the entire time. Then moved the car to his new shop, then back to the house. This was a consistent process.
After repeated conversations and him not answering his phone calls, the car was returned back to my house w/o any notice. The engine bay was a mess w/ the heads on and cam installed, and several parts missing. Did not return money. Would not answer any phone calls. We ordered the headers and other needed parts and placed the car in a reputable shop. They checked the engine w/o pulling the heads and installed the headers and other neccessary parts.
Well after about 3 weeks, I began leaking antifreeze, we pull the heads and find out that only three bolts were torqued down by Jason Mott (JMP). Sent the heads off to a machine shop and found that they were poorly ported, no port-matching, mis-shaved floors,ect. Well the bill is now going to be 4600 after the engine is done right, the way it was to be done the first time, and that is still w/o fuel injectors and a dyno tuning.
I have all paperwork and reciepts and 4 witnesses showing that I paid the money. I also have pics of the terrible headwork and two mechanics write-ups of what was wrong. How should I go about getting all my money back. I know the most feasable way would be to go to small-claims court, knowing I have a very good case. If there are any lawyers here or if anybody in the Houston area knows a lawyer that can help, please post or email me. Please help me I am despirate for this money.
Taylor
Old 01-14-2004, 01:53 AM
11 Second Club

Holy ****.. thats terrible. I don't know any good lawyers, but I wish you luck in court.. There are ALOT of members in Texas.. If you don't get your way, I don't think tihs guy will be able to walk for a LONG time.. cuz I know if I lived there I'd severely beat him the crap out of him. He is the scum of the earth.

Peace,

Last edited by distortion_69; 01-16-2004 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn man... that really sucks ***. I wish you the best of luck with the money, guys like that need to be put away or AT THE VERY LEAST have their businesses taken away. Reminds me of somebody named Hennessey...

Good luck to you.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

You could start by calling the district attorney's office, asking a few questions and maybe getting a referral (unless you get one here). And it sounds like you probably have a good enough case to take him to court - and win.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:40 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

You might also ask around on www.htownracing.com or www.hotrodgossip.com , both are Houston area based. Sorry to hear you got screwed, I think you should kick your friend in the *** HARD for referring you. I guess this is just another good example of "you get what you pay for, and sometimes less"

Tony
Old 01-14-2004, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

is JMP still in business? contact the BBB and Take him to court... that sucks dude.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Default Ripped Off by Jason Mott...HELP???

Taylor
Old 01-14-2004, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

Old 01-15-2004, 02:37 AM
Launching!

Yeah I will be your lawyer for 50,000 dollars and when we are done he will be
Old 01-15-2004, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

ttttt
Old 01-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

I've had the same thing happen to me at one point. I know how you feel. Send me an email. I can help you get your money. These sonofabitches like to disappear thinking the problems will go away.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

Default AnyBody?

Anybody have advice????
Old 01-16-2004, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Laser96WS6
Anybody have advice????
small claims court.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

local attorney general's office.
Old 01-17-2004, 02:06 AM
On The Tree

You received the car back with performance inhancements (I know they didn't inhance and the work was crap). These mods are generally only warrantied by the installer and then only to a limited degree. It sounds like you got fucked and you deffinently need a lawyer.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

ttt cmon people
Old 01-26-2004, 07:58 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Your best bet is to take them to court bro. Keep ALL your documentation, and present the evidence to the judge. There isn't much anyone here can do for you since that shop isn't affiliated with the site in any way. BTW, I am not sure about Texas but here in Georgia you can take people/business's to Small Claims Court and that does not require a lawyer..

Sorry to hear about your troubles man, nobody deserves that..Good luck

Josh
Old 01-27-2004, 08:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

The problem is if he's out of business. If he was INC. you can't touch him personally. So if the corp is disolved you're screwed!!!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

You can take him to court. You dont need a lawyer for small claims courts. How much was the exact amout. Because i think there is a 5 or 10k limit in small claims. (I could be wrong about the amount) Sorry about the situation. hope this helps.
p.s try posting in the other board, since they have a little more traffic some one could help.
Also ask a lawyer, most have 1st consulation free and they might be able to provide some insight, (or atleast someone with a bit of law knowledge.)it is worth a shot.

Quick Reply: Ripped Off by Jason Mott (JMP Motorsports)