Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

New Memphis/North MS Area Car Club! A real one.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Memphis/North MS Area Car Club! A real one.

So me and a few guys I know started a car club in the Memphis/North Mississippi area. Its a legit car club with legit cars in it. No 22 second hondas, flashy club decals, or rust bucket v6 mustangs. We let anyone join as long as you arent a tool and your car runs AT LEAST in the 14 second range or its a real nice custom/lifted truck (NOT A REDNECK BEATER). We have a nice shop and experienced guys that know what they are doing when it comes to cars. Everyone is willing to help each other out on projects. Just yesterday a few of us pitched in and replaced the clutch in my car, shot some guns, and had a good time. We meet every Sat. night at the Malco parking lot in Southaven, MS for about an hour. After that we roll out together to Rivergate and race. We go to Memphis Motorsports together, etc etc. Right now our roster looks like this,

95 Eclipse GSX AWD Turbo (13s)
95 Camaro Z28 (13s) - My Car
99 Trans Am WS6 (high 12's)
02 Trans Am (13's)
05ish Acura RSX (13's)
05ish Mustang (14's)
09ish BMW (not sure what model honestly) (14's)

As you can see, we dont have any real speed demons in the club but all the cars are always getting faster. The GSX Eclipse is awaiting a new 2.3 stroker and a full drivetrain upgrade. The WS6 is looking at getting a supercharger. My Camaro is about to get a wet shot. Etc. We are always looking for more members that are willing to pitch in and help out. I am the Vice President so you can either post to this thread or pm me if you are interested in joining. If you don't want to join but you want to hang out and go race/party with us, thats fine too. Just contact me or show up at the Malco in southaven around 1015 to 1100. You will see us out there.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

I heard river gate had alot of cops around now. Any truth to this?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nonosvt
I heard river gate had alot of cops around now. Any truth to this?
No. I go every weekend. Hardly ever miss. They still come occasionally and bust the place up but they never do anything harsh. I've been going for years and have never been stopped or got a ticket. Last weekend there was at least 150 cars out there. Hundreds of people. It was a great time. Cops never showed up. The weekend before that there was probably 80 cars. Cops never came. They usually show up around 2am. But we get there around 1145-1200 so you get plenty of time to have fun normally. You should come. The more the merrier.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

I wouldnt mind dropping in sometime... I have an 01 WS6 and a 00 SS.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Wouldn't mind coming check it out again. Been while since I've been down there.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah I'd like to roll sometimes
Old 05-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by staleycornell
I wouldnt mind dropping in sometime... I have an 01 WS6 and a 00 SS.
Well come on man. If you want to come to rivergate this weekend and meet up with us or meet up with us at our meeting this saturday you are more than welcome. Just pm me and I can give you my number and all the details. We are really trying to get this one rolling. We have some great guy, great cars, and plenty of knowledge and resources. Just let me know man.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nonosvt
Wouldn't mind coming check it out again. Been while since I've been down there.
Well come to rivergate this weekend. There has been a great turn out the past couple of weekends and I assume this weekend will be good too.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ws6foose
Yeah I'd like to roll sometimes
Come one come all. Haha.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

Really like to this weekend bc I'd like to go to monster jam. I'm putting a clutch in my car now hope it comes in today.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Launching!

Well if you get it done come on down. Nothin better than free racing
Old 05-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Launching!

COME ON EVERYBODY! RIVERGATE TONIGHT!!! SOUTHAVEN MOVIES AT 1015-1115. I hope to see some one there!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:33 PM
11 Second Club

That 99 WS6 won't do better than 13.6. Don't bullshit. I know the owner and the car. If you are looking for a REAL car club, look no further than www.wtfba.org They have been around for years and they do charity work. Your group is no better described than a "group" or "clique". Just sayin...
Old 05-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ThumpnZ28
That 99 WS6 won't do better than 13.6. Don't bullshit. I know the owner and the car. If you are looking for a REAL car club, look no further than www.wtfba.org They have been around for years and they do charity work. Your group is no better described than a "group" or "clique". Just sayin...
Well I'm pretty sure Jeremy runs more than a 13.6. haha. And every car club has to start somewhere. I'd rather be in one with a group of guys I grew up with and trust than feel like an outsider in a group of people that are all better than me. Haha. We are all young just doing what we do. Looking for like minded folks do the same things we do. Partying, racing, and helping each other out. So far its working great. I dont mind being a group or clique. We have fun and help each other out. Thats what its all about for me.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 PM

Default New member

Do u guys still hang out for weekend? Can i join with urs club?
Old 03-12-2014, 03:48 PM

Looking to chat with the Pres/V.Pres of this Malco meet.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:34 AM
Teching In

Default Regarding car club

Originally Posted by Mississippi
So me and a few guys I know started a car club in the Memphis/North Mississippi area. Its a legit car club with legit cars in it. No 22 second hondas, flashy club decals, or rust bucket v6 mustangs. We let anyone join as long as you arent a tool and your car runs AT LEAST in the 14 second range or its a real nice custom/lifted truck (NOT A REDNECK BEATER). We have a nice shop and experienced guys that know what they are doing when it comes to cars. Everyone is willing to help each other out on projects. Just yesterday a few of us pitched in and replaced the clutch in my car, shot some guns, and had a good time. We meet every Sat. night at the Malco parking lot in Southaven, MS for about an hour. After that we roll out together to Rivergate and race. We go to Memphis Motorsports together, etc etc. Right now our roster looks like this,

02 Trans Am (13's)
05ish Acura RSX (13's)
05ish Mustang (14's)

As you can see, we dont have any real speed demons in the club but all the cars are always getting faster. The GSX Eclipse is awaiting a new 2.3 stroker and a full drivetrain upgrade. The WS6 is looking at getting a supercharger. My Camaro is about to get a wet shot. Etc. We are always looking for more members that are willing to pitch in and help out. I am the Vice President so you can either post to this thread or pm me if you are interested in joining. If you don't want to join but you want to hang out and go race/party with us, thats fine too. Just contact me or show up at the Malco in southaven around 1015 to 1100. You will see us out there.
are you still doing this??
Old 05-15-2018, 08:26 AM

Do you still meet up and race on saturdays?
Old 11-06-2019, 08:52 PM

Default Club

Originally Posted by Mississippi

02 Trans Am (13's)
05ish Acura RSX (13's)
05ish Mustang (14's)

do y’all still have this club going?
Old 12-07-2019, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Default I don't think there any truth to this.

I have been out there 2 different times and didnt see Any of the cars listed just bunch high school kids. I maybe missing them in the parking lot but if there was anyone there they see me in my fast and furious Tokyo drift rolla 🤣

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Memphis/North MS Area Car Club! A real one.