Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have any info on Monster Transmissions?

Old 04-11-2013, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have any info on Monster Transmissions?

Monster Traansmission runs a banneer on here. I was wondering if anyone had dealt with them?

They advertise 4L80's pretty cheap.

Just wondering if they are any good?

Thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 07:27 PM

Received 385 Likes on 294 Posts

Here is a thread and and complaint site about them:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...dead-pics.html

http://monster-transmission.pissedconsumer.com/

However, what bothers me most is that they very deceptively registered the domain monstertransmissionreviews.com. So if you google "monster transmission reviews" that site is the top link. It of course is full of glowing reviews. So how do I know it is their domain? www.monstertransmissionreviews.com and www.monstertrans.com are running on the same server at IP address 198.154.228.145. Nowhere do they acknowledge this just a biased "sales" site and not a real review site.

Finally 27 complaints were lodged with the Better Business Bureau in the past 12 months:
http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/busi...9#reasonrating

They are NOT a sponsor.
The following users liked this post:
Tim Hammes (12-12-2020)
Old 04-11-2013, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW thanks for the info!!!

I did a search for monster but didn't find that thread.

Thanks again!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:26 AM

Default Hey

Hey guys,
I have bought a transmission for my 69 nova and this thing def. puts out some horsepower and torque and am so thankful I went with them. I called in and spoke with a rep they actually knew what they were talking about as I did a lot of calls to get the best deal for my money and they took the time to get all my vehicle specifics and actually saved me money not adding items that I would not need. I understand that there is a lot out there but you can't make everyone happy and I asked the same thing and most of the issues were resolved But I also check BBB and pissed consumer and read between the lines and they were trying to help them out all along and it sounds like they were just wanting the moon and stars and not being reasonable I work with people every day and have to deal with them and you can't make everyone happy. So for the thousands they sell to have such little negative out there was worth a shot to call and I did and could not be happier. Just call and see I also got a check back in the mail for doing a testimonial video ... it was like free money for doing burn outs
Old 04-12-2013, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Monster makes decent older style transmissions, my friend had one of their 700R4's in his IROC-Z and it was great, I've heard more bad than good on their newer transmission offerings like the 4L60's.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 AM

Default Hey

Well I am a huge fan of Deadliest Catch and they put a new 4L80E transmission in one of the sickest 55 chevy I have seen in a long time. This thing was bad like 850hp,700tq, and they used a new trans in it and it smoked the tires. I also thought about the bad that is out there but being in the customer service field I know if someone is rude and only wants one thing even if it is there fault that they did it but does not want to admit it then they freak and go post bad things about us. When they do that I can't go in and take it down after I made that person happy. Also if you think about it if they only had 27 complaints in a year with the thousands of transmissions they do. Thats pretty good odds. I was just like you guys not sure about them but they really helped me and my buddy just ordered a 4L60E for his truck. It was delivered yesterday and he is putting it in now. I just can't stand when people think that they know about a company when they have to be doing something right they are the number one transmission vendor for the speed channel and is always on spike and velocity. Also why would they give a 3 year warranty out if they knew it wouldn't hold up they would go out of business if it was not what what they say it was and they have been around for 10 years trust me I did my research when I am spending my money I like to know where it is going it doesn't grow on trees and best thing I did.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL I never understand why companies create fake profiles to help bolster their products...Obviously GLynn21 is affiliated with Monster. If you're going to make a profile to refute complaints and bad reviews, at least do it representing your company. Show some backbone and defend your product, or make a better product so you don't have to. Don't hide behind a fake account to try to drum up business that way. That's shady as hell.
The following users liked this post:
Tim Hammes (12-12-2020)
Old 04-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Launching!

http://www.jakesperformance.com/4L80E.html
Old 04-12-2013, 12:28 PM

Default Really

Wow I am a customer to them just like everyone else. But Thanks for thinking I worked for such a great company. What is up with you hating on Monster Transmission. Well I hope you get the kind of transmission you want I wish you the best of luck. Just trying to give a different point of view. Didn't want to start anything. Good Luck on your search.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by GLynn21
Wow I am a customer to them just like everyone else. But Thanks for thinking I worked for such a great company. What is up with you hating on Monster Transmission. Well I hope you get the kind of transmission you want I wish you the best of luck. Just trying to give a different point of view. Didn't want to start anything. Good Luck on your search.
You must be affiliated somehow because everyone i know is smart enough to know to stay away from their trannies. Just joined the site and 3 posts isn't just too obvious
Old 04-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GLynn21
Thanks for checking in Monster Trans PR guy!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive heard some bad reviews from them too. But i havent delt with them personally. Just dont confuse them with monster clutches. Whole different ballgame.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:46 PM

Never heard of monster clutches ... I am no pr guy .. I just joined seen this and commented sorry I commented now I dont know if I should comment on anything
Old 04-12-2013, 10:33 PM

If your joining had nothing to due with this thread, and the timing was just a coincidence, then it was just bad timing and your comments will always be welcome in the future. We have had several instances where a thread is critical of a vendor and suddenly several brand new members post positive things about the vendor, members we never hear from again. It was clear in those cases that the vendor either faked new accounts or prompted someone to join just to post on the thread.

Since you are quite persistent and even convincing that you are not associated with this vendor, I hope it was just a coincidence and that you will feel comfortable posting in the future. In that case welcome to the forum and sorry for the rough start.
Ted.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:43 PM

Thanks ted I have been looking for a forum to talk about my car and get some info on new products ... I am also looking for a good forum to join about a ford any advice I have a nova and falcon and was looking for a great place about this is going to be my first ford build so I need a great place to ask about my build do u know of any?
Old 04-12-2013, 11:04 PM

I don't know anything about Ford forums, but I'm sure they are several very active ones. I also suspect there is a Nova forum, but many SBC people participate on the nastyz28.com forum (for Gen 1 and 2 Camaros) due to it being so active and responsive. This (ls1tech) forum is mostly oriented toward Gen 4 Camaro/Firebird, LS engines and GM transmissions.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:11 PM
8 Second Club

Received 698 Likes on 439 Posts

Does that mean that once I get an LS in my Nova, I can post here?

Ron
Old 04-12-2013, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by RonSSNova
Does that mean that once I get an LS in my Nova, I can post here?

Ron
Right and not before. No one here wants to know about the old BBC in your Nova. So start working on that twin-turbo LS3 you mentioned to me!

Oops, sorry to be off topic.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

I purchased a 2004R last year from Monster and have had no problems. They had a good price, fast shipping and good tech support. Had it in my SBC stroker because it was a no brainer swap for an OD.
I am currently adapting for the LS Swap. I decided to adapt to use this old style tranny because of the solid shifts and the gear ratio for my 3.08 rear end.
The problem with internet complaints could be self induced problems and instead of picking up the phone and calling its easier to start bashing a decent company. Not saying one way or other by my experience has been good.

Last edited by donnie_19; 04-13-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:57 AM
11 Second Club

Had monster and performajunk......monster lasted longer in my car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone have any info on Monster Transmissions?