Sponsored by:

5.3 with LS1 intake - Vacuum hoses

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 02:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 with LS1 intake - Vacuum hoses

Hi guys,

Got myself a 1972 Pontiac LeMans last february, which i am trying to turn in to a restomod project. Last summer i got a 5.3 and i have put an LS1 intake and fuel rails on it. I have gotten a LOT of good info on this forum about how to do fuel system, intake fitment, accessories etc.

I've also found a lot of threads reagarding vacuum hoses on the LS1 intake, but the problem might be that there's just too much info on that subject so my brain's a bit overcooked right now. So, here's my question:

Can i put a vacuum hose between the red and the red, and one between the green to the green? Can it be that simple?

For me it looks like the ports on each side of the intake tunnel pretty much have the same function. The one on the drivers side might be a tiny bit smaller though..
Attached Thumbnails 5.3 with LS1 intake - Vacuum hoses-vacuum-hoses.png  
Old 03-30-2017, 05:14 AM
Teching In

This one is probably the most useful post i've found so far, and from what i understand it says that the hoses needs to be connected the opposite of what i suggest:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...l#post16388537

Seems like the truck TB and the LS1 manifold paired, will cause a vacuum leak though, so i need to do what that guy did.

I will run a FiTech Ultimate ECU, so there will probably not be any fancy emission-systems.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by faabak
Hi guys,

Got myself a 1972 Pontiac LeMans last february, which i am trying to turn in to a restomod project. Last summer i got a 5.3 and i have put an LS1 intake and fuel rails on it. I have gotten a LOT of good info on this forum about how to do fuel system, intake fitment, accessories etc.

I've also found a lot of threads reagarding vacuum hoses on the LS1 intake, but the problem might be that there's just too much info on that subject so my brain's a bit overcooked right now. So, here's my question:

Can i put a vacuum hose between the red and the red, and one between the green to the green? Can it be that simple?

For me it looks like the ports on each side of the intake tunnel pretty much have the same function. The one on the drivers side might be a tiny bit smaller though..
i finally found someone doing the same build as me..I’m in the middle of a 1971 GTO with a 5.3
Old 02-24-2019, 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,785 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Red arrows are correct if your connecting to the throttle body port but from the back of the driver valve cover you need to run a line around the back of the motor up to the front of the motor on the passenger side to an an inline pcv valve and from there into the port on the intake up by the throttle body on the passenger side or if you choose to vent to atmosphere cap everything off on the manifold and throttle body and vent the valve covers or run lines from them to a quality breather can. The port on the right side of the manifold was used for the EGR or EVAP and can be capped off unless your connecting that up as well. The large port on the back of the manifold is for the vacuum brake booster.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,785 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Can i put a vacuum hose between the red and the red, and one between the green to the green? Can it be that simple? Probably so but I'm not a fan of sucking that into the manifold

For me it looks like the ports on each side of the intake tunnel pretty much have the same function. The one on the drivers side might be a tiny bit smaller though. They do and it is but I still don't like the idea of sucking the gases into the manifold and I still think it would need some sort of pcv valve in the line.

Quick Reply: 5.3 with LS1 intake - Vacuum hoses