Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

fuse for DRL's ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default fuse for DRL's ???

yes i've already searched & can't find a definitive answer, only that it exists! which fuse(s) is/are for the drl's ?
Old 01-19-2018, 12:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check fuse #9 in the IP fuse block.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2000 Pontiac DRL.pdf (174.4 KB, 94 views)
Old 01-19-2018, 02:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

yea checked all fuses while i was at it ... all intact. right blinker blinks & rear light works/illuminates, left blinker just stays illuminated on instrument panel, but drl/blinker does not flash or illuminate, & both drl's do not work at all. both bulbs were blown i replaced them, replaced the flasher & still same thing. other causes? drl module will be my last stop -- i guess i'll try new sockets on both sides - all i can think of is new sockets, hand brake switch, then drl module. what else may have blown when both the bulbs blew ? yes it was raining. i've had many a bulb go out both flasher/drl & fog - this is the first time i've replaced bulbs (fuse twice for fogs) & had it not be the problem
Old 01-19-2018, 07:51 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

First turn on your hazard flashers then walk around the car looking for lights that don't flash. Any bulb that does not illuminate (including one of the two rear bulbs) will cause the turn signals on that side to go on but not flash. The problem could be the bulb, the socket, or the wiring. Once you get the turn signals working, if the DRLs still don't work then the problem is almost certainly the DRL module. You can check with a test light by confirming voltage at the dark blue and light blue wires at the DRL module (those are the left and right output to the front lamps respectively) when the ignition is on and the parking brake is released.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Last edited by SkWiDsTyLe321; 01-19-2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: figured out what i asked
Old 01-19-2018, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

whitebird or anyone else ... ok so rear blinker bulb was out - replaced it blinkers work fine now, in the rear at least. all lights operate/turn on fine EXCEPT the front drl/turn signals (no they do not flash when the blinker is turned on - only the rears & on the dash) ... since they both blew due to condensation/rain, what do you think may be causing them not to work at all now even after replacing bulbs?
Old 01-21-2018, 05:29 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

It is quite possible, even likely that there is significant corrosion in the front sockets. Water intrusion such as cold rain coming in contact with very hot bulbs will cause them to blow, sometimes even explode. The same water intrusion settles at the bottom of the housing which is where GM decided to put the sockets so corrosion is a common problem.

Sometimes they can be cleaned but often they just have to be replaced.

Quick Reply: fuse for DRL's ???