General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Bumper? Yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Bumper? Yes or no?

Long story short, loading up my car to go to the dyno and the car was to low, backing it off and boom goes the dynamite ripped the bumper support off and broke the bumper. Been going strong with no bumper haven't been pulled over yet, guess we'll see what happens from here. On the bright side the car runs super cool and IATs are mint. Think it looks pretty mean without it though

Old 01-19-2018, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Just don't get into a fender...eh...cooler-bender.

Actually it might look cooler if you put the front bumper back on but remove the recessed part in the middle to expose the intercooler.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Just don't get into a fender...eh...cooler-bender.

Actually it might look cooler if you put the front bumper back on but remove the recessed part in the middle to expose the intercooler.
Yeah I've already thought about that one. I constantly look for a bumper. I initially had it cut out and had the fender exit. Looked really good but now it's all destroyed somewhere laying in a dumpster. It's hard to find these bumpers local. Would also prefer to find one NBM don't wanna go to a body shop so it makes it that much harder.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle11784
Long story short, loading up my car to go to the dyno and the car was to low, backing it off and boom goes the dynamite ripped the bumper support off and broke the bumper. Been going strong with no bumper haven't been pulled over yet, guess we'll see what happens from here. On the bright side the car runs super cool and IATs are mint. Think it looks pretty mean without it though

Quick Reply: Bumper? Yes or no?