Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Leading Edge Perfornance Feedback? Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Leading Edge Perfornance Feedback? Las Vegas

Anyone have experience with this place? Seems to really be the only LS specialized place in town.

Good, bad, ugly...let’s hear it. Honest feedback
Old 02-16-2018, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badazz81z28
Anyone have experience with this place? Seems to really be the only LS specialized place in town.

Good, bad, ugly...let’s hear it. Honest feedback
Good shop Garth with take care of you. Nothing negative to say about them. They have helped me over the years. What are you looking to have done?
Old 02-17-2018, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

A dyno tune
Old 02-19-2018, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

This big LS site and 1 person???
Old 03-03-2018, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by clovisair
Good shop Garth with take care of you. Nothing negative to say about them. They have helped me over the years. What are you looking to have done?

Well I spoke with the guy and honestly after that I felt like I couldn’t trust him with my car as a customer. Seems more of a drop your car off, let me know what you want done (head swaps, cam swaps, turbos whatever) and he’ll take care of it because he knows best. What that translates to me is you might be paying for stuff you don’t need like certain brand spark plugs or a new alternator because the one on your car is too old. All I wanted was a tune and I felt like I would get the “ahh you need this or this is bad...” after I dropped it off (shady mechanic stuff). I’m know what I’m doing and the condition of my car...don’t need someone else knit picking it.

So my conclusion is if you don’t know **** about cars and want one modified and don’t really care how much it cost. Just drop it off and pay the bill when it’s done... LEP is your shop.

I couldnt even get something hard scheduled. I’m not the type of business he wants which is probably why I spent weeks trying to get in. I was willing to pay but he wasn’t interested to get my business

Last edited by badazz81z28; 03-03-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

Sent you a PM. I may be of some assistance.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:17 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are looking to go elsewhere try zippy performance.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:26 AM
On The Tree

Voodoo Racing Innovations
Old 03-05-2018, 12:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

assuming the shop is qualified as a "dyno tuning" shop....the cost and scheduling should be short answers. Unless you have a exotic build the time involved to do it should be a clear answer.

Even if the shop is busy they should be able to say "we can schedule in XXX" and "it costs xxxx"

while I have lived in Vegas, IDK have a recommendation for a Vegas, or anywhere in Nevada, shop. I would think there is someplace qualified who can do a good tune for a LS motor though. Check out the other places suggested
Old 03-06-2018, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I totally agree with that shop. People don't know near as much as they think they do especially in reference to parts. He wants to design it so that it performs like the owner wants it to, rather than let the owner design it and if it falls short they blame the shop. If he has a fascination with certain spark plugs its because they work well and others have given them trouble. When I got my car dyno'd I was told my plugs were likely to give issues as I had an O2 problem and those cylinders were being flooded. He changed the plugs for 30 bucks including labor. His reasoning was flawless and when it got off the dyno and made 421 RWHP cam only with an LS6 intake I had no arguments. They have to ask for approval for all items to be installed otherwise you aren't liable to pay for them. Thats the law. If you don't feel your alternator is bad then don't replace it, simple as that.

These guys are in this business to make money, and if customers have bad experiences people will talk which effects their business. They seem like an awesome shop from what you have typed out. A shop that ensures that you get what you want and isn't treating customers cars like sloppymechanic. That's cool if you just want power per dollar to do it sloppymechanic style but when I pay for work to be done I want it to be done right and that seems to be this shops style. It's also upsetting because this seems to be a negative review which sucks because they never even had a chance to do business.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by silvea
I totally agree with that shop. People don't know near as much as they think they do especially in reference to parts. He wants to design it so that it performs like the owner wants it to, rather than let the owner design it and if it falls short they blame the shop. If he has a fascination with certain spark plugs its because they work well and others have given them trouble. When I got my car dyno'd I was told my plugs were likely to give issues as I had an O2 problem and those cylinders were being flooded. He changed the plugs for 30 bucks including labor. His reasoning was flawless and when it got off the dyno and made 421 RWHP cam only with an LS6 intake I had no arguments. They have to ask for approval for all items to be installed otherwise you aren't liable to pay for them. Thats the law. If you don't feel your alternator is bad then don't replace it, simple as that.

These guys are in this business to make money, and if customers have bad experiences people will talk which effects their business. They seem like an awesome shop from what you have typed out. A shop that ensures that you get what you want and isn't treating customers cars like sloppymechanic. That's cool if you just want power per dollar to do it sloppymechanic style but when I pay for work to be done I want it to be done right and that seems to be this shops style. It's also upsetting because this seems to be a negative review which sucks because they never even had a chance to do business.
They did have a chance to do business. I visited the guy in person...he scared me off.