Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Question about injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about injectors

Well, i bought an LS6 intake, it came with LS6 injectors. But, they need to be cleaned up really bad. Certain rubber seals are broken and messed up. So, i'm looking at sending them to witchhunter injector cleaning.

I have self ported 862 heads, TSP 228r cam, LS6 intake.

Not sure if I should get the LS6 injectors cleaned, or if I need to buy bigger injectors. If i'm going to spend almost $200 on cleaning, maybe I use that towards some SVO 30#?

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2018, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Those sound like more of a pain than use to me. At $200 just for cleaning I'd say forget it
Old 03-20-2018, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

So, you think just grab some SVO 30#?

Quick google search, I didn't find any good sources. I saw ebay for like $160 or something for 8. But.... ebay. So, don't know how good the quality is. And, I read about the SVO being a little taller?

Any suggestions?
Old 03-20-2018, 05:05 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

If you're going to go through the hassle of upgrading injectors, at least UPGRADE them. A 30 lb injector is BARELY an upgrade and you'll have to go through the hassle of finding a connector/injector data for the tune.

You can probably get some factory GM flex fuel injectors that'll drop right in your LS6, use the factory connectors, and flow more.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks! I'll take a look for those. I did see TSP has some 42# injectors for $309 or so. 36# injectors for $289.
If i can find some cheap GM flex fuel, i'd be all for having those.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 176 Likes on 107 Posts

Make sure that there is data for your injectors before buying them. Even some standard GM/Bosch injectors can be difficult to find the correct data for. That's what I've learned about buying injectors from personal experience and see people with a brand new set of whatevers trying to hunt down the data after the fact. Don't assume it will come with the injectors.

Call the company and have them send you the data upfront. It's free. A set of whatever injectors isn't much good without data. I can't count how many posts I've seen with guys asking for data even with "stock" GM injectors. It seems like the data for some of the stuff out there is a secret or something. It's getting better, but it's worth making a few phone calls before buying anything.

Injector connection is pretty good about providing data for what they sell. I've seen other companies with "data" that is very limited or requires extensive conversions just to use it. IC has it all in an easy to use excel document that they will email to you for free.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:28 PM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If you are familiar with tuning you dont need injector 'data' for success. Even though it might help.

the data is more for people who depend on plug and play with minor adjusting... basically dipping their toes in the water of engine tuning.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kingtal0n
If you are familiar with tuning you dont need injector 'data' for success. Even though it might help.

the data is more for people who depend on plug and play with minor adjusting... basically dipping their toes in the water of engine tuning.
Lmao... WHAT? And I guess Greg Banish is a hack right? You're an idiot.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Banned

I've tuned a hundred+ cars to factory drivability with no injector data so my experience tells me that it is entirely possible.

Someone is acting buttsore
Old 03-20-2018, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Buttsore? Hardly. I just prefer to do things the correct way. I don't assume to be smarter than the engineers that designed the tables. Is it possible? Sure. Doesn't mean it's right.

100+ cars? You want a medal or something? I don't really care how many cars you used incorrect data on.

I guess I'll go back to being another idiot that doesn't have his own flow bench and degree in advanced mechanical engineering. I know I'm such a hack for looking for proper data, to make things "easier", because I suck at tuning and all. Lol. Yeah, okay.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChopperDoc
Buttsore? Hardly. I just prefer to do things the correct way. I don't assume to be smarter than the engineers that designed the tables. Is it possible? Sure. Doesn't mean it's right.

100+ cars? You want a medal or something? I don't really care how many cars you used incorrect data on.

I guess I'll go back to being another idiot that doesn't have his own flow bench and degree in advanced mechanical engineering. I know I'm such a hack for looking for proper data, to make things "easier", because I suck at tuning and all. Lol. Yeah, okay.
It seems you don't know what the injector data is for. It defines the time to open and close the injector at various voltages. It can be elucidated based on engine behavior and a/f ratio if you are good with tuning the engine. You can 'find' correct data just by trial and error is what I am suggesting. the engine will run the same with the same data, my point is that you dont need to have it handed to you.

Also what do you mean advanced mechanical... I've never heard of such a thing. there is an undergrad mech degree, right? A masters maybe? and a PhD doctoral. Is it some kind of non-accredited university course you are talking about? Or were you just trying to sound 'advanced' by throwing the word 'advanced' in front of a regular degree?
Old 03-20-2018, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

You missed "flow rate" and at what "manifold pressures" too there bud. You do what you do with your trial and error and risk scrapping 25k engines all you want. I agree it can be done without data, but why when there IS data available for A LOT of injectors at all different flows?

Time open on a larger injector into various manifold pressures will vary greatly between different injector sizes. 3ms on a 60# injector doesn't equal 3ms on a 30#, and because flow INCREASES with more pressure in the manifold, how do you "figure that out" through trial and error without testing it?

Sorry, but a scanner simply isn't enough to find these values from one injector to the next. People like Greg Banish spent years finding this data. Why would he bother if your method is so superior? If it is why don't you sell a DVD or have a book out yet? Why does GM even bother with it? Riddle me that smart guy.

This is why you have no friends on this forum. You just have to always disagree with solid advice. Maybe the OP doesn't have such a tuner as "advanced" as you are in his area. And by that I mean jacked up for not using reliable data.

Sorry for mucking up your thread OP. Don't listen to this dude. Get some injectors with good data so you don't run into problems later. It's worth the extra 10 whole minutes to find some that are tested and come with reliable data.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopperDoc

He didn't even know what an OBD2 port or the ecu looked like a year ago so I can only imagine what he was tuning.... https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...x-details.html
Old 03-21-2018, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,019 Likes on 2,350 Posts

At that time he barely knew anything about LS engines, as he was "scoping out" the details. He is a self-styled intellectual who feels he knows more than the rest of us on ANYTHING. He picks up a thread of info on something, a week later he's an authority on it. Slight exaggeration, but you get it.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Hey guys,
Sounds like the thread went a little off topic. Sounds personal.

I appreciate all the input. I am new to tuning myself. I'll more than likely buy something from TSP, if I can't find flex fuel injectors.

Much appreciated.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Rx7TyreBurna
Hey guys,
Sounds like the thread went a little off topic. Sounds personal.

I appreciate all the input. I am new to tuning myself. I'll more than likely buy something from TSP, if I can't find flex fuel injectors.

Much appreciated.
Sorry for contributing to the drama lol. If you want to use your injectors, I checked E-bay and there is a company offering cleaning and new O-rings and caps for $11.99 per injector. They have good feedback.
"The injectors are cleaned by an ultrasonic cleaning machine. After cleaning, new filter baskets, o-rings, spacers and pintle caps are installed. We include a service report that shows the before and after flow of your injectors."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Inject...NTeX8p&vxp=mtr
Old 03-21-2018, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

fyi, a member on the wbody forum gave me this business to send injectors to clean and flow-match:
click here
I haven't any experience with this business yet but I'm planning on sending them my l67 injectors to clean and flow match.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Awesome! Thanks guys! I'll take a look at those.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Denso Injectors + Flow Increase

Hi RX7, the cost to "clean/flow" a fuel injector is about 1/2 that of the new Denso Fuel Injector I sell.
The Denso injector has a smaller fuel droplet size, good for Idle Quality/reduced Fuel Consumption.
The set of eight I supply IS FLOW MATCHED.
The set of eight I supply will be correct for your HP request.

Your engine should require a 36-42 .lbs fuel injector.

I fit a 42 Denso as common for your needs ?

This size in Denso will Idle better than OEM.

Lance
Old 03-21-2018, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks Lance.
Can you send me a private message with details and cost?
42 lbs injectors is what I was going to look at getting.