Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Yo my EE homies I need a lil help

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 09:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

Default Yo my EE homies I need a lil help

I'm using this old *** lnc-001 2step and it is randomly dropping cylinder 8 when not activated.

I have read the early lingenfelter stuff wasn't shielded very well and wondering if that's my issue.

I had planned to grab some ferrite chokes and see if that helped cut the noise, but I'm not sure if the voltage drop they will induce would create other problems.

Penny for your thoughts
Old 03-21-2018, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

You think that's bad....my LNC would literally shut the car off during a WOT pull.....when it wasnt activated. They replaced it and all was well. Make sure your harnesses off the LNC to the coil pack harnesses are ran perpendicular to other wiring as much as possible to prevent coupling.

Edit....I also noticed an improvement using stock plug wires over aftermarket when the LNC was hooked up.

Double edit....cable ferrites won't drop any voltage if you get 1 that has the right frequency range. They are not all created equal and they have graphs of impedance vs. frequency.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

Sheeeit, I had no idea they came in different flavors. I was just gonna grab some random beads from eBay.

i wouldn't have the slightest clue where to begin, no o-scope or really any knowledge to use it.

Obviously this ten year old version is not gonna cut it. Which one did you end up with?
Old 03-21-2018, 12:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by truckdoug
Sheeeit, I had no idea they came in different flavors. I was just gonna grab some random beads from eBay.

i wouldn't have the slightest clue where to begin, no o-scope or really any knowledge to use it.

Obviously this ten year old version is not gonna cut it. Which one did you end up with?
Yea ferrites are designed to have a given impedance over a specific frequency range. Really depends on what range you want to shunt out energy. They have broadband ones that you can try and see what happens, but its a bit like throwing darts blindfolded.

I had the LNC-002 I believe that is no longer made.