Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

how to replace e40 ecm ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how to replace e40 ecm ?

hi, I desperately need help in replacing a e40ecm with a second hand unit I have purchased . what is the process of installing the unit would be much appreciated. I have all the security codes for my existing unit but not of the second hand unit . My unit has also the ess security ( vats ) , custom tune that I would want to copy to the second unit .
Old 04-18-2018, 03:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

You'll find it in here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bf4xvfch6...a/Uploads?dl=0

You will also need HPtuners to copy the tune (2 credits) and a Tech2 with TIS2000 to program.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jontall
You'll find it in here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bf4xvfch6...a/Uploads?dl=0

You will also need HPtuners to copy the tune (2 credits) and a Tech2 with TIS2000 to program.
thanks , for your help . I have a guy that will be cloning the pcm on the bench with my supplied matching unit , and then I will be trying to install it to the vehicle my self if possible .When you say tis 2000 to program are you implying
when I have to link the second hand unit to the vehicle ? sorry this is my first go at this .
Old 04-19-2018, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Engine Control Module Programming and Setup

The following service procedures require either a programming or a setup event performed for a complete repair.

ECM Replacement

If the engine control module (ECM) is replaced, the following procedures must be performed:
•Program the ECM --Refer to Service Programming System (SPS) .
•Link the ECM to the Powertrain Interface Module (PIM). The ECM must be linked to the PIM using the Techline Information System (TIS).
•The CKP Variation Learn--Refer to CKP System Variation Learn Procedure in Engine Controls.

ECM Reprogramming

• If the ECM needs to be reprogrammed, refer to Service Programming System (SPS) .

• Engine Oil Life Remaining--When available, use a scan tool to reset the Engine Oil Life Remaining back to the original percentage recorded before the module was reprogrammed.

• Transmission Fluid Life Remaining--When available, use a scan tool to reset the Transmission Fluid Life Remaining back to the original percentage recorded before the module was reprogrammed.

Setup for Component Replacement

The replacement of some components will require a setup procedure for complete repair.

If any of the following components are replaced, a CKP Variation Learn Procedure must be performed. Refer to CKP System Variation Learn Procedure .

• Engine replacement

• Any engine repair that disturbs the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor or its relationship with the crankshaft reluctor wheel

• CKP sensor

Document ID# 1578650
2005 Pontiac GTO
Old 04-19-2018, 04:40 AM
Launching!

Thanks , for your help .