General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Power steering delete question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering delete question

Has anyone ever used this on a 98-02 Camaro or t/a?

If so does it just mount up where the power steering bracket was? And what size belt would I need to run this setup? Or would the stock size belt work?

Id like to run something like this instead of doing the “short belt mod” and skipping idlers and what not.

Any input would be nice.

I still have stock pulleys and idlers on the car. Just looking to dump the power steering.

Last edited by wssix99; 09-20-2018 at 06:58 AM. Reason: non-sponsor advertisement deleted
Old 09-19-2018, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

I would guess ICT would know the answer to this question
Old 09-20-2018, 07:01 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Please be aware of our non-sponsor solicitation policy. We generally will not allow posting of non-sponsor advertising or eCommerce links. Our sponsors pay the bills for the site and doing these types of things undermines the foundation for what we do in the forum.

Likewise, sjsingle1 is spot on. If you have a question about a vendor's product, they and their sales staff would be the best equipped to answer questions about their specific products. We do discuss commodity parts here and sponsors (from time to time) will chime in with specifics on what they sell, but that doesn't appear to apply here.