Marketplace GM Performance Parts and Cars For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

Borrow ecm?

10-16-2018, 04:33 AM | Replies: 3 | Views: 489
  • Expired
Staging Lane

• Price
    $0
  • Location Bessemer City, NC, 28016, USA
Description:

Looking to "borrow" an ecm I believe I fried mine by hooking up the black and white ecm ground at the starter if you know what im talking about you know which wire.

Im looking to pay shipping to get the ecm to me so I can see if this car will start and I will pay to ship it back to you. If the car runs may be interested in purchasing the ecm if you are interested in selling it. Basically need someone to loan me an ecm and don't know anyone locally that could help before I throw parts at it.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have one you can borrow but I can give some insight on this matter. The pcm shouldn't have to be installed in order for the car to crank. And their should always be 12v at the injectors and coil pack harness. The pick wires to be exact to ground should always have 12v constant. itll crank but wont start because I believe the pcm controls the fuel pump and stuff as well as the pulse of the injectors. Ask me how I know all this lol.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one out of a 96 standard car...it worked in my 95 when I fried mine, just ran rich and shitty lol. But it ran fine for a few weeks before I got my new ecm
Old 10-16-2018, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok im gonna try a couple more things and if you don't mind can I borrow it from ya for a bit to see if I can at least get it to run

Im just at the point I don't want to put anymore money into the car until I've heard it run

Search this Thread