Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

s10 with ls1 need new fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 10:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s10 with ls1 need new fuel pump

my ls1 now on my s10 frame needs a new fuel pump I think I need 58psi and heard there is a fuel pump that fits in the stock tank but if the pressure is greater do I need to also add a pressure regulator?
Old 10-19-2018, 10:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I use an automotive stealth 340lph pump in stock tank fuel gauge works still. I use ls6 intake with Holley rails but u don't have to. I use a automotive fuel pressure regulator and I have a gauge on it but u could use a digital and mount it on pillar pod. I know u can use a stock intake that had a built in fuel pressure regulator it depends on what u have already what u want and what u can afford. I prefer to have more fuel system than I need for more hp later on
Old 10-19-2018, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

I use an AEM 320 with a Racetronix 255 as a backup with an Aeromotive regulator with a digital PG, works well. Virtually any fuel pump will fit in the sender with minor mods. I'm with Dime, in only RARE instances can you have too much fuel system.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

There are lots of ways to skin this cat. Any decent after market pump will work great. As far as pressure goes, it depends on what intake/setup you have. You can use the truck intake./rails which will regulate it or you can use the Corvette (2000/2001ish) fuel filter that has the built in regulator in it. It is really just a matter of knowing what you have/cheapest way of doing it, and the best packaging setup for you.