Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help picking crank

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help picking crank

I was going to order the crank today and wasn't exactly sure what I needed. I ordered an iron ls 6.0 block off of summit and it says gen 3-4. I was going to order my crank from callies and wasn't sure which reluctor wheel I need, any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,349 Posts

58 tooth is Gen IV,
24 tooth is Gen III.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

Match your reluctor to your PCM.

What PCM are you using?
Old 01-17-2019, 08:03 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,078 Posts

What exactly are you trying to build here? A stroker crank from Callie’s won’t cost any more than a standard stroke from Callie’s. You going for a 408” build? All forged bottom end? 6.098” or 6.125” rods? Rod length affects piston selection, as well as which cylinder head you want to run, meaning an ls3 head will require a different valve relief, than a cathedral head due to radial clearance. Lots to think about here, so hopefully you have a plan. It’s often cheaper to purchase the rotating assembly as a unit, is why I’m asking all of this.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Che70velle
What exactly are you trying to build here? A stroker crank from Callie’s won’t cost any more than a standard stroke from Callie’s. You going for a 408” build? All forged bottom end? 6.098” or 6.125” rods? Rod length affects piston selection, as well as which cylinder head you want to run, meaning an ls3 head will require a different valve relief, than a cathedral head due to radial clearance. Lots to think about here, so hopefully you have a plan. It’s often cheaper to purchase the rotating assembly as a unit, is why I’m asking all of this.
all stock length and bore, origionally planned on twins but considering a big single turbo with a blowthrough carb. l92 heads, all forged bottom end, callies crank, callies rods and wiseco pistons. yeah I thought about that getting it all together from tsp and getting it balanced but im not sure if the weld the reluctor wheel.