Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DOD Delete

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOD Delete

As you can see this is my second post. Im trying to find all the information i can about how to/parts needed for a dod delete. Can anyone help me, even a link or direct me where to search in this forum for this kind of info. ive tried searching dod delete, dod, delete, afm. Im having a definite lifter noise and figure if im going to tear it down, then why not upgrade at the same time.
I have a 2008 1500 with the LMG 5.3

Last edited by 1ST_TIME; 03-08-2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:21 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

We have complete kits with a factory style cam, budget cam, or any other aftermarket setup also.
The dod delete kit starts at $260 and goes up.

Email me for more info
Rpmspeedtech@gmail.com

Thanks!!
Old 03-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Teching In

im sure many people have done this, im looking for a how to style write up of someone that has done it. also the needed parts to complete the job. from my understanding alot of these kits have the necessary parts included but what about once i start to upgrade things. obviously a new cover and lifters are needed but if i choose a bigger cam would i need new springs as well? also ive been reading that some guys change the oil pump as well to a standard? im just trying to be prepared and make sure i do this right the first time. buy once, cry once kinda thing.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:55 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We have everything you need and can walk you through the steps also.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
We have everything you need and can walk you through the steps also.
AWESOME! sending email now... thank you

Last edited by 1ST_TIME; 03-09-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:50 AM
Teching In

nobody else has ever done a delete kit? is there another option, or should i be looking in another spot of the forum, as to what is recommended or what others have done?
Old 03-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The offer made to you above is probably one of the better ones. They don’t seem to want an arm and a leg and they are willing to help walk you through it. Take it from me who has pieced together a dod delete it’s not worth the time spent looking for the cheapest parts. One and done and you get free advice from the seller. Just my opinion.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

There are several youtube videos on how to do this.. WS6 store has all the parts to do it and will walk you through the steps necessary to. You want a egg in your beer.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Richard Olsen
The offer made to you above is probably one of the better ones.
Thanks for the response. I am wanting to learn as much as i can. I just didnt want to take the first answer and run without doing some research. If you've been in this position, its good to know the above isnt just trying to make a sale. Thanks again
Old 03-13-2019, 11:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We had a customer very similar to you recently. He was somewhat mechanically inclined and got our kit. We walked him through it step by step and when he had issues we worked through it with him. I was also doing a DOD delete on a friends 07 tahoe at the same time so i could tell him exactly what was what and where. He did run into a few snags that were somewhat self inflicted but we helped get him through it and he is very happy with the outcome.

Basically there are a few things youll want to do

1. Take lots of before pictures. They will help on reassembly and routing

2. Take your time.

3. Expect to have the heads machined to make a good surface.

4. Have a few extra 10mm and 13mm sockets for when you lose or misplace them

5. Have a tune waiting for you. By tune i mean at least the dod/vvt removed. Whether you have a local guy or are sending your computer off, do it ahead of time so it will be waiting on you, not you on it. We can help with the mail order part if needed.

6. Have plenty of floor dry, shop towels, and good assembly lube. Do not soak the lifters in oil.

7. Take your time. This is the most important.

We can walk you through the rest and that service costs nothing. We help anyone like that whether they are our customer or not. Usually in that instance our FB page is the best way to contact/send messages.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:32 PM
Teching In

That is definitely appreciated! I am going to be doing the delete for sure, but still doing some research as far as what cam would fit best for me if i choose to upgrade.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Reading on the internet will throw you into quite a few directions.

I can make it easy. Use a tsp high lift cam kit. Youll get the best power, reuse the factory converter, and the highest quality components. They are $569 for the kit. The stage 2 is nice i run it, the stage 3 has a lopier idle but gives up a little bottom end vs the stage 2.

We sell those with free shipping so we are the one stop shop/contact for all of it start to finish.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:35 PM

Default Idles rough after afm delete.

Just got the afm delte and vvt delete done on my 2011 silverado 5.3. Truck was tuned just to delete afm. Truck runs rough at idle. Any suggestions of why this is happening.
1. Ls7 lifters.
2. Springs replaced.
3. Push rods replaced.
4. Camshaft replaced( 558 lift. Bullet racing cams).
Old 05-20-2019, 08:25 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

You have to replace the valley cover also but lift tells nothing about a cam.