Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dilemma, I need -8AN fuel rails for the super victor ls1 efi manifold!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dilemma, I need -8AN fuel rails for the super victor ls1 efi manifold!

Having a major problem. I need a edelbrock or holley fuel rail kit that will fit a ls1 style suoer victor efi 4150 style manifold. The part number they say will fit is for -6AN fittings. The one with -8AN that I need is part number 3655 and says it only fits the ls3 version of the super victor manifold. I can't be the only one with this problem! I do not want to make my own brackets. Would the ls3 version fit the ls1 super vic? Why would they not make a -8AN kit for this manifold, have a fully forged built 5.3 going turbo and do not want to have to upgrade my fuel system, so going big. If anyone has any idea which kit would fit please help a bro out! For ls1 super vic only!
Old 03-13-2019, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Multi-post....
Old 03-13-2019, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Deleted the other post in fuel section. Didn't know where to post this, new here. Thanks for the observation though...

Last edited by stevexcitement; 03-13-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:27 PM
Teching In

I guess no one else knows which -8an kit would fit the ls1 super vic efi intake, don't believe anyone makes a kit for it.. If someone has pics on materials to use to make some brackets to get a ls1 -8an rail to fit that would be appreciated. I have a hard time believing everyone would use -6 rails on a forced induction engine with super vic manifold for ls1..
Old 03-13-2019, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

Idle curiosity ,, how much power are you planning on ?? cause at EFi pressures a -6 is a lot of power,, Especially if you run from a -8 to -6 block to both sides.. Just wondering..
Old 03-13-2019, 08:41 PM
Teching In

At least a 1000 to wheels, my forged crank says it is good to 1500, I have forged rods and pistons, going to run a big single and e85 which is why I need more fuel. Even cheap Ebay rails have 5/8" inner bores which is -10AN I am running -12 from tank to fuel pump, then -10 to a y block, then fuel -8 to fuel rails and then dual -8 out to regulator, than -10 line out of reg for return. With the automotive pump I want to run their diagram said this setup is good for 1190hp on e85 for a single pump, and 1700 on pump gas. So I need -8 rails just to be safe and for peace of mind. I want to run 1000hp to wheels and do not want to over do my fuel so I never have to worry.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Prob gonna buy some holley rails made for ls1 that are -8 and take manifold with rails to machine shop and just have them make brackets to make it fit. I don't think I will find a kit for the ls1 super vic since the only kit is edelbrock and is -6, and sadly the ls3 version is -8 which I need, pisses me off!
Old 03-13-2019, 09:58 PM
Teching In

This is going to be going in a drag racing only 96 sonoma truck.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I installed a set of Holley rails on an LS3 Victor Jr. Twice now actually...

I don't know how the LS1 is made, but on the LS3 Victor Jr, the Edelbrock kit uses a u-shaped bracket with a bolt that goes through the bottom of the rail. Those won't work with the Holley. So I bought a section of aluminum u-channel, but it into 3/4" lengths, then had to use a bandsaw and drill press to make the holes I needed. Then I also marked the correct spots on the Holley rails and drilled those too.

Now, part of the problem is that Holley offers about 4 different variants of the rails. You need the one that has a solid bottom. Some of them are lightened / machined, so it's not solid for a bolt to pass through. I ordered 4 sets from Summit and returned 3.

It's not hard, but it's not a bolt-on solution either. I did it mostly because I don't care for the appearance of the Edelbrock rail kit, I don't need the -8 fuel supply...
Old 03-14-2019, 07:48 AM
Teching In

That is cool! Can anyone answer this then? If I buy the edelbrock rails that are made for the super vic ls3 manifold and use it with the ls1 manifold would the spacing and angle be correct? Also could I just use the ls3 injectors and this be a bolt on solution, if not I can make brackets to fit the rails. The only difference between ls1 and ls3 are rectangular vs cathedral port heads and different size injectors right? it should still be same spacing and what not i am thinking.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:26 AM
Teching In

carbuff, do you have a part number for the holley rails you used? I might have to go that route. The two super vic manifolds look to have totally different mounting for the rails, so I do not think my plan will work. Good lord this sucks!
Old 03-14-2019, 11:46 AM
Launching!

You are in luck. I still have the packaging which they came in. I have the Holley 534-219. I snapped a couple of pictures of my setup, although it's hard to see exactly what I did from these. The Edelbrock rail sets are designed to use the tall LS1 style injectors. I need the rails to be lower, so I use a set of LS7 style injectors. That was another reason for me to use the Holley rails.

This set of rails has 3 holes on the back side (actually, might be on the bottom, I don't recall as I'm typing this) which would be used if using the supplied L-shaped brackets. They don't line up with the holes on the Edelbrock that I have. However, some creative bracket making and they certainly could be used. I chose to make the u-shaped brackets instead.

Good luck.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:38 PM
Teching In

https://www.vmsracing.com/products/l...illet-aluminum
Ended up getting these VMS rails with 5/8 inner diameter. Definitely not a shortage of fuel wit these just hope there is enough room on the bottom of rail to drill holes for brackets. Gotta make the U brackets like you did for my manifold. These rails are on ebay for 50 bucks lol. If I mess up no biggie since they are cheap, if they don't leak I am going to run them. They use ORB fittings so should be good. Do you think these will work bro?
Old 03-15-2019, 10:50 AM
Launching!

Cool, post back when you get them and let us know if they work out. If it helps, this is what I used to make my brackets. You need to measure the thickness of the bottom, mine was right at 0.750". The u-channel was just less than that, so I was able to spread it open just a little to make everything work...

Aluminum U-Channel
Old 03-15-2019, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by stevexcitement
At least a 1000 to wheels, my forged crank says it is good to 1500, I have forged rods and pistons, going to run a big single and e85 which is why I need more fuel. Even cheap Ebay rails have 5/8" inner bores which is -10AN I am running -12 from tank to fuel pump, then -10 to a y block, then fuel -8 to fuel rails and then dual -8 out to regulator, than -10 line out of reg for return. With the automotive pump I want to run their diagram said this setup is good for 1190hp on e85 for a single pump, and 1700 on pump gas. So I need -8 rails just to be safe and for peace of mind. I want to run 1000hp to wheels and do not want to over do my fuel so I never have to worry.
Sounds fun thanks for the response.. on a random direction,, have you considered using a central block and top fed infections? (1 hose per injector.) like the mechanical injection guys do? Then your not limited to fuel rail placement sizing etc and it makes pulling injectors pretty easy.. you can pop them out with one screw and let them fire in to a cup when trouble shooting.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Made my own with basic aluminum flat stock from the hardware store since nobody made rails to fit the LS3/L92 Vic Jr when they first came out. Why they didn't make compatible rails for their own intake is still a mystery.

Anyways if you're looking for parts to fit GEN 3 motors you should start in the GEN 3 section.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:49 PM
Teching In

I never said I was looking for gen 3 parts. I specifically described my problem. I have a super victor efi intake manifold the ls1 version. They have to versions. Ls3 and ls1. The ls1 manifold has a -6an fuel rail kit and the ls3 a -8an kit which prob won't fit the ls1 manifold the mounting holes look different. I have a gen 4 ly5 iron 5.3 block with forged internals, 243 heads. I never said anything about gen 3 and even if I did the parts I'm looking for would be interchangeable.. I need a -8an fuel rail kit for my manifold and edelbrock does not make it I guess. I am not a machinist and cannot make my own rails. I got a set of cheap-8an rails and one of them is scratched on the inside somehow so that is out the window now. I still cannot believe edelbrock would not make a -8an kit when this manifold will be turbo fed and capable of way more hp than what -6an can feed. Pisses me off!
Old 03-20-2019, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Default Carbuff

Originally Posted by carbuff
You are in luck. I still have the packaging which they came in. I have the Holley 534-219. I snapped a couple of pictures of my setup, although it's hard to see exactly what I did from these. The Edelbrock rail sets are designed to use the tall LS1 style injectors. I need the rails to be lower, so I use a set of LS7 style injectors. That was another reason for me to use the Holley rails.

This set of rails has 3 holes on the back side (actually, might be on the bottom, I don't recall as I'm typing this) which would be used if using the supplied L-shaped brackets. They don't line up with the holes on the Edelbrock that I have. However, some creative bracket making and they certainly could be used. I chose to make the u-shaped brackets instead.

Good luck.

Looks like I might be buying the same holley rails you have, summit says they are -8an inlets which is what I need lol. My manifold has the same setup as yours does but I need the tall ls1 injectors, could I get the same u stock aluminum you got and just use washers to make it taller?
Old 03-20-2019, 10:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Most* rail on the market is going to be a -8 or -10ORB end. You use whatever size output cap you want to -8/-10 o ring boss

Last edited by DietCoke; 03-21-2019 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:19 AM
Teching In

No man, some rails have different inner diameters. I just bought an Ebay rail that has 5/8 inner diameter and the Holley has 1/2" inner diameter with -8 inlet, the edelbrock one for my manifold has -6 inlets what the heck are you talking about.