General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fuel pressure regulator symptoms?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel pressure regulator symptoms?

Hi all, I've been having intermittent power issues, hesitation, and it's more noticeable at highway driving, with ~200 rpm flucatations here and there. I've been having a TPS and EGR code (1406 and 1022) here and there but those have been going on and off for a long time. Parts replaced but still come one but the issues stated above have been around only a month, maybe six weeks.

Fuel pump was replaced along with filter. Regulator and fuel injectors are original and correct me if I'm wrong, but if the regulator is having problems the fuel amount and pressure would be inconsistent and cause the three symptoms I'm having. I was originally worried it might be the torque converter locking and unlocking repeatedly but the fluid looks the same as it did a few months ago and I'd think that happening would rapidly darken the fluid with friction material.

Was going to rent the fuel pressure gauge from a local parts store to see if the pressure is where it's supposed to be and is also consistent but wanted to touch base with y'all on here to see if I'm looking in the right direction.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by coryforsenate

Was going to rent the fuel pressure gauge from a local parts store to see if the pressure is where it's supposed to be and is also consistent but wanted to touch base with y'all on here to see if I'm looking in the right direction.
IDK what kind of car/year/engine you are talking about but checking FP with a gauge while driving when this issues occurs would be the 1st place to start