Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

No Seventh Gen Camaro production to end in 2023.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default No Seventh Gen Camaro production to end in 2023.

No more Camaro
Old 06-25-2019, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Gets outsold by the Mustang and Challenger, both of which are behind it in performance but more visually appealing to most..
Old 06-25-2019, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

All they needed to do is fix the front end!!! Then they could have sold a Camaro or two.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was hideous. too much body excitement as the term was. Curves and bulges here and there. Too busy. The pixar front end. Then there is the interior and visibility issues. A mess
Old 06-26-2019, 04:35 PM
LS1 Town Crier

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It sounds like moving away from the Alpha platform is what killed it... I honestly didn't see this coming, especially since the Corvette going mid-engine. I figured that Chevy would want to keep at least one front-engine performance vehicle in the fleet.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

****UPDATES****

A new report alleged that the seventh-generation Chevrolet Camaro has been cancelled, but we have now received new intel indicating the car has actually just been delayed.

The report cited unnamed sources who said the seventh-generation Chevrolet Camaro has been shelved. It’s not that GM is abandoning the Camaro nameplate altogether, though, but has rather delayed the introduction of the seventh-gen car until further notice.

The good news is that the current version of the muscle coupe isn’t going anywhere soon, with production expected to last until 2023. That leaves room for another potential refresh after the recently introduced 2020 model year update, along with more model variants (ahem, Z/28, anyone?).

Dwindling sales and a shifting business strategy may have driven GM to reconsider its Camaro strategy. Not only is the Camaro losing the sales race to the Mustang and even the Challenger, it’s somewhat at odds with GM’s strategy to focus on trucks, crossovers, SUVs and hybrid/electric vehicles in the United States.

If the seventh-generation Camaro ended up getting the green light as previously planned, it would have likely ended up on the A2XX/Alpha 2 platform that underpins the new Cadillac CT5 and CT4 sport sedans, which is an evolution of the Camaro’s current platform

Old 06-27-2019, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

GM bailing on the Camaro would be one of the dumbest things GM done in a while... Whoever is in charge of designing the Camaro & giving it the final approval needs to be fired. Let whoever is in charge of the Corvette take over. The 5th gen was a huge success whether what people think about it. Came out with a bang. The 6th gen 2016-2018 Camaro looks bad *** & preforms like crazy. 2019- just fell flat on it's face & should be considered an abomination. But that shouldn't mean they just give up & throw in the white towel?
Old 06-27-2019, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
GM bailing on the Camaro would be one of the dumbest things GM done in a while... Whoever is in charge of designing the Camaro & giving it the final approval needs to be fired. Let whoever is in charge of the Corvette take over. The 5th gen was a huge success whether what people think about it. Came out with a bang. The 6th gen 2016-2018 Camaro looks bad *** & preforms like crazy. 2019- just fell flat on it's face & should be considered an abomination. But that shouldn't mean they just give up & throw in the white towel?

Well said!
Old 06-27-2019, 02:45 PM
LS1 Town Crier

Originally Posted by Chevyguy2001
****UPDATES****

A new report alleged that the seventh-generation Chevrolet Camaro has been cancelled, but we have now received new intel indicating the car has actually just been delayed.

The report cited unnamed sources who said the seventh-generation Chevrolet Camaro has been shelved. It’s not that GM is abandoning the Camaro nameplate altogether, though, but has rather delayed the introduction of the seventh-gen car until further notice.

The good news is that the current version of the muscle coupe isn’t going anywhere soon, with production expected to last until 2023. That leaves room for another potential refresh after the recently introduced 2020 model year update, along with more model variants (ahem, Z/28, anyone?).

Dwindling sales and a shifting business strategy may have driven GM to reconsider its Camaro strategy. Not only is the Camaro losing the sales race to the Mustang and even the Challenger, it’s somewhat at odds with GM’s strategy to focus on trucks, crossovers, SUVs and hybrid/electric vehicles in the United States.

If the seventh-generation Camaro ended up getting the green light as previously planned, it would have likely ended up on the A2XX/Alpha 2 platform that underpins the new Cadillac CT5 and CT4 sport sedans, which is an evolution of the Camaro’s current platform
This is great news, and makes way more sense than just killing it all together. Thanks for posting!
Old 06-28-2019, 02:35 PM
LS1 Town Crier

Well, the war over whether the Camaro or the Mustang is a better car is still happening, and it looks like the Camaro still has what it takes. I really hope they don't kill it.

Old 06-28-2019, 05:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

They really dropped the ball when they killed it off last time, I sure that cost them even more market share since you couldn't buy a GM pony for 8 years. I agree with Doggy they need to fire whoever let the current design to come to market. At least the 2020 version looks way better, I actually don't mind the 2019 in person but it is just not a photogenic car.

Maybe they should see hat people biggest gripes are for not buying and fix those issues but maybe that's too simple.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2020 front end is not unattractive and there is an LT1 trim with a V8 coming
https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...02-camaro.html
Old 06-30-2019, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
The problem was it wasn't a huge success, I like the look but I know many die hard Chevy guys that didn't and they decided to buy a truck or wait and see if something else came along and when it didn't they simply gave up. GM should have done more to make it look like the first gen, The Dodge Challenger was a hit because it looks a lot like a 70-74 Challenger. You can also throw in the fact that the younger crowd isn't into muscle cars like they used to be.
Silverado sale are nearly 600,000 units a year not counting the GMC Sierra while the Camaro is in the 60,000 to 80,000 range and the market is getting smaller as more and more people choose SUVs and Trucks and fuel efficient cars over muscle.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevyguy2001
****UPDATES****

If you think the 6th Gen Z/28 is coming, I've got some bad news for you...
Old 07-06-2019, 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

So what the hell is going on. First I hear the Camaro is ending then I hear it's on hold. Then I hear a Z28 coming out then its not?! Someone from GM needs to speak up & get their heads out of their asses & grow a pare of *****. Seriously a joke how this company is getting ran right now. They need to take notes from Dodge/Chrysler & how they're doing with the Challenger, Charger, & the Durango. The Blazer is cool & all but come on offer a AWD SS version. Then I heard they're making the CTS-V slow now?? CTS-V looks bad *** & is what Id consider a sleeper. But compared to the Charger & what it has to offer I'm in the Bay Area & I see them everywhere!

I just really like what Dodge is doing with their vehicles! They stepped up & grew a pair & gave us what we wanted. A bad *** vehicle & continue to do so
Old 07-06-2019, 03:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
They really dropped the ball when they killed it off last time, I sure that cost them even more market share since you couldn't buy a GM pony for 8 years. I agree with Doggy they need to fire whoever let the current design to come to market. At least the 2020 version looks way better, I actually don't mind the 2019 in person but it is just not a photogenic car.

Maybe they should see hat people biggest gripes are for not buying and fix those issues but maybe that's too simple.
Read the R&T article.

I couldn't agree more with what they said.

They ask the question " how could a car this big be so tight inside?"

They hate the interior and ergonomics.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well they tried & failed................

Old 07-13-2019, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

We're those last pictures from the bowling Green Camaro fest?
Old 07-13-2019, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nathan C
We're those last pictures from the bowling Green Camaro fest?
Yea they were
Old 07-14-2019, 06:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

I thought so. My friend is there with his 2013.

Quick Reply: No Seventh Gen Camaro production to end in 2023.