Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST 102 hitting Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default FAST 102 hitting Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Intake already installed. Engine is out of the car so access is easy at the moment. Installing the oil pressure sending unit and it's interfering with the back of the intake. Just slightly, but it's still hitting.

Anyone else have this issue?

I assume either loosening the intake and shifting it as far forward as possible would be the first thing, then possibly clearancing the back of the intake slightly would be next?
Old 07-18-2019, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
Intake already installed. Engine is out of the car so access is easy at the moment. Installing the oil pressure sending unit and it's interfering with the back of the intake. Just slightly, but it's still hitting.

Anyone else have this issue?

I assume either loosening the intake and shifting it as far forward as possible would be the first thing, then possibly clearancing the back of the intake slightly would be next?
Clearance the rear of the intake and rotate the sending unit so the fat part of the harness is in the rear.....Thats what I did when I ran a FAST.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

OR plug the hole and relocate sensor down to oil pan block off plate. Same thing ls swap guys do. Turbo guys as well!
Old 07-23-2019, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,785 Likes on 1,293 Posts

On the FAST just carefully a grind on the plastic until it clears the oil sending unit. Carefully grind until it just clears it.