Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

Yes, another "lightweight" battery thread. With a twist...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes, another "lightweight" battery thread. With a twist...

The short of it is, I want to use a lightweight battery but didn't want to relocate it to the rear because of losing juice with the long cables. Because of my stand alone sitting in the stock battery location it must be moved anyhow so I was going to build a box where the stock radiator overflow is, under the stock battery location.

According to NHRA rules if the battery is moved from the factory location there must be a cut off switch (they would probably want one even if it wasn't moved). Most of these go on the rear of the car. Well if I do that then I'm back to the long cables. I really don't want the cut off switch located anywhere else for aesthetic reasons and the fact that in case of trouble 9 out of 10 people will go to the back to shut off power because that's where everyone puts their switches.

So, guys that have relocated lightweight batteries what are you doing with them? Would a lightweight battery be fine in the back? The car is 90% race but it will be driven on the street some. I don't have a stereo or and hvac but still have power windows and lights. Plus nitrous, electric fan and whatnot.

Quick Reply: Yes, another "lightweight" battery thread. With a twist...