LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Single Digit Club (https://ls1tech.com/forums/single-digit-club-89/)
-   -   Who is in the single digit club without a roll cage?????????????????????????????????? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/single-digit-club/708169-who-single-digit-club-without-roll-cage.html)

mongse 05-31-2007 11:48 AM

It's been a while since I seen anyone go single digits with no bars, but I see a lot of cars w/ 6pts running in the 9s. I know a couple guys in the 8s w/ just a 6-pt. My TA only has a 6pt in it.

ANIL8U 06-02-2007 06:32 PM

I only have a bolt in 6 pt :bang:

choppin-suey 06-04-2007 08:29 PM

not one single bar in the car, not planning on putting one in either, I have a set of subframes and my car is straight as an arrow even after pulling 3 foot wheelies but I dont go to the trackall the time either, my shit is a true street car :devil:

mrdragster1970 06-04-2007 09:18 PM

There's one born every day.

Navy David SS 06-04-2007 10:13 PM

I have been following this trend for a while. I shake my head every time I read that someone runs 9's, 8's (or even 10's) without the proper safety equipment. Do you realize that anything can happen at any time going that fast? Good god!! I have seen videos of some nasty accidents going 10's. What would happen if you lost control - for any reason - going 140+? For those tracks that don't enforce safety equipment regulation - shame on them!!!!! I suppose if an accident happens and you do get injured, you'd (or your survivors) sue the track? Whose fault would it really be?

Just put the safety equipment in the damn car!! The life you save could be your own.

I done ranting.

David

choppin-suey 06-05-2007 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Navy David SS
I have been following this trend for a while. I shake my head every time I read that someone runs 9's, 8's (or even 10's) without the proper safety equipment. Do you realize that anything can happen at any time going that fast? Good god!! I have seen videos of some nasty accidents going 10's. What would happen if you lost control - for any reason - going 140+? For those tracks that don't enforce safety equipment regulation - shame on them!!!!! I suppose if an accident happens and you do get injured, you'd (or your survivors) sue the track? Whose fault would it really be?

Just put the safety equipment in the damn car!! The life you save could be your own.

I done ranting.

David

I really do get what your saying but in the same token i want everyone here to stop smoking, because it kills millions a year directly and indirectly :eyes: I dont see why you would care if someone had a bar or not? Its all in what you want when it comes to cages in my opinion and everyone that cries about it mine as well start crying about global warming, world peace and hunger........

camaroextra 06-05-2007 09:20 AM

I run 9's with no cage.

. . .in the 1/8

Jakes Dad 06-08-2007 12:07 PM

First, there is no excuse for not having a cage if you run 9's. There is no excuse for ever not having a legal race car if it's a race car.

But, for the guy or girl with a nice legal street vehicle who doesn't want to cut it up with a cage. EVERY drag strip in a world has an 1/8 mile, right? Run it! If you ever see mid 5's in the 1/8 you should be in the 9's for the 1/4.

Bellflower 06-08-2007 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
Run it! If you ever see mid 5's in the 1/8 you should be in the 9's for the 1/4.

Mid 5's would actually be in the 8's I believe, 9's should be somewhere between a 5.70 up to a 6.40, I run 6.30 in the 1/8th and a 9.88 in the quarter. Im running a 6 point for now about to upgrade to a full 10 point

T/ALT1 06-08-2007 12:42 PM

Yeah 5.70's in the 1/8th mile run high 8's so 9's would be up until mid 6.30's 1/8th after you get into the low 10seconds running 6.40's on up. Later

1fstGM 06-08-2007 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by choppin-suey
not one single bar in the car, not planning on putting one in either, I have a set of subframes and my car is straight as an arrow even after pulling 3 foot wheelies but I dont go to the trackall the time either, my shit is a true street car :devil:

Good stuff, one of the original questions was answered about the car staying straight with subframes. Any aftermarket rear swaybar, if so which one.

choppin-suey 06-09-2007 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by 1fstGM
Good stuff, one of the original questions was answered about the car staying straight with subframes. Any aftermarket rear swaybar, if so which one.

I run the spohn 1" rear swaybar along with there torque arm and lca's. its all polly bushing stuff so it sags a little when you hit it off the t-brake or the n20 but not much, very streetable stuff though :devil:

LT1TA 03-31-2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by choppin-suey (Post 7187455)
I really do get what your saying but in the same token i want everyone here to stop smoking, because it kills millions a year directly and indirectly :eyes: I dont see why you would care if someone had a bar or not? Its all in what you want when it comes to cages in my opinion and everyone that cries about it mine as well start crying about global warming, world peace and hunger........

i totally agree. i'm sure elderly people, scary chicks, and people on the damn phone texting cause a hell of a lot more deaths/injuries due to accidents than street racers. I have had my share of runs on the streets but i don't race on populated roads. A traffic light at midnight or late night highway runs may go down and i'm not shamed of that. But i've never been at the track before in my car and i will but i do plan on putting a 6pt roll bar in as i suspect my car will run high 9's once i get a built rear.

Fastdriver1992 04-28-2012 09:44 PM

it should be how quick u go but how fast, my dad ran his car low 11's at 131mph 5 speed on street tires wit no cage, put that motor in my car wit an automatic and now its in the high nines, same hp, same mph, different e/t so what do u think is less dangerous?

Fbodyjunkie06 04-29-2012 05:51 PM

You cannot sue a track just because they don't enforce safety equipment.

There is a reason you sign a waiver before you get your sticker or tech card. It is saying that the track assumes no liability whatsoever if you are a dumbass and fuck up.

I guess you could sue them, but you'll never win in court with your signature there even if you claimed negligence on the tracks part because they don't enforce IHRA or NHRA rules.

All the tracks I have ever been to that aren't IHRA or NHRA sanctioned don't mandate much safety equipment.

All I have to have to run 5.30 and up at my local 1/8th mile track(Piedmont) is a 6pt., a full faced helmet, a pair of long pants, and a fire jacket, but I am purchasing a full suit soon, shoes and gloves. I've seen what happens when fuel and nitrous go wrong so I'll be upping my safety protection this year.

I have never had anyone look under my car or check my studs or dampener or trans shield or any of that stuff.

If the track isn't NHRA or IHRA sanctioned they will never enforce that stuff because they don't have to, and they make more money that way by allowing those cars to run there instead of at those sanctioned tracks.

The only way I can see you winning a suit is if you are at a NHRA or IHRA sanctioned track and were allowed to run faster than the e.t. allowed and you got hurt. Then you could claim negligence and have a chance at winning, even then though you still signed a sheet of paper saying that YOU assume all responsibility for you or your cars actions on the property not them.

JWStevens 04-29-2012 06:22 PM

Lots of them here in the 9's with no cage. The '69 in my profile goes 6.0x's on the small kit(210hp). It has all factory interior, gas tank(no sump), and the factory hood. Last year it ran 112mph in the 1/8 on the motor. It has been high 9's but its been a couple of years ago. Some of us don't want to ruin a good car. Its a personal choice..... Its a real street car, not a race car that we call a street car.

98CamZ28 04-30-2012 03:20 PM

This thread is like 5 years old :jest: