Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

cam raised, deck height?

Old 06-07-2011, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cam raised, deck height?

hi guys i'm about to get a block (maybe dart aftermarket), but i got some doubts, stroker used is chevy small block 440 , i wanna know if choosing raised cam will help with cam to rod clearance also this is oversized .060" web says maximum oversized 4.185 (0.060") im planning to use NOS. is there problem with this maximum oversized using nos? finally which deck height do you suggest in this setup?(9.025 or 9.325), i mean which deck height would help me out with rod issues and why.
i hope this is understandable, thanks , i'll appreciate your answer.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bugy
hi guys i'm about to get a block (maybe dart aftermarket), but i got some doubts, stroker used is chevy small block 440 , i wanna know if choosing raised cam will help with cam to rod clearance also this is oversized .060" web says maximum oversized 4.185 (0.060") im planning to use NOS. is there problem with this maximum oversized using nos? finally which deck height do you suggest in this setup?(9.025 or 9.325), i mean which deck height would help me out with rod issues and why.
i hope this is understandable, thanks , i'll appreciate your answer.

Those blocks will go 4.200 with no problems but make sure your using a .950 reach head stud and bottom tap the head bolt holes and we drop a ball bearing inn the hole to bottom the stud out on the ball bearings rather then bottom the stud out on the top of the deck which will cause more cylinder distortion.

If you putting more then a 3.875 stroke crank in your block I would go with the tall deck then you can use a longer rod.

Since you are using an IE block I would go with the 55MM cam using the babbit cam bearings and go with the DRCE-3 oiling and go to the .903 lifters.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cam raised, deck height?