Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

stroking out my LM7 5.3L

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking stroking out my LM7 5.3L

im new here to the site, i look on the forums so much figured id join so i could ask a question or two. just recently got a LM7 5.3L block and having it machined from 3.779 to 3.902 and changing the stroke to 4.0 inch. Ive found an article in truckin that shows exactly what im wanting to do, make a 383 stroker http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/engin...ild/index.html ,the problem im having is finding the right cylinder heads, and various rotating assembly parts. i just received my new LSXRT 102mm intake.(already bought fuel rails for these and didnt match trying to avoid more package reshipping) but as for the cylinder heads the article says they use the GenX 205 heads but the cheapest i found those are around 2000$. Im trying not to spend more than 6K on this engine ive alrdy invested close to 2K. Does anyone know of any good affordable heads that will hit the power range of around 500hp like the Genx heads? Thought of getting the 4340 forged crank stroker kit that come with 6.20in connecting rods thats also mentioned in the article but im having trouble finding it, even on Pro Comp electronics website i cant find one with 6.20in rods. any input is greatly appreciated this is technically my first build out of my pocket and i want it to be sucessfulhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:ls1tech.com/get/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_banghead.gif
Old 09-13-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all welcome to the site.
Second, you'll want to move this thread to the correct area to get answers. This is the small block gen1 part of the forum.

Quick Reply: stroking out my LM7 5.3L