Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

LT1 EGR tube dislocation

Old 02-23-2017, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 EGR tube dislocation

Hey guys, I have a '97 Firebird Formula with the LT1 350 and not long ago had to change my head gaskets. When I put everything back together I seem to have missed the mark on the flex EGR tube where it is supposed to connect to the right exhaust manifold. I got the bolt in but the tube isn't in the hole on the exhaust manifold, its flipped around the opposite way. I can't believe I did something so dumb! When running it sounds worse than a old flat-bed truck.

Trying to find a way to correct it without another tear-down. The automatic tranny dipstick is in the way of getting the single EGR tube flange bolt out. Any ideas? The only two options I can think of are partially unbolting the exhaust manifold to move the bolt away from the tranny dipstick or trying to unbolt the tranny dipstick in the hope I'll gain enough clearance to get the bolt out.

Thanks for any help from the experts.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Elliott
Hey guys, I have a '97 Firebird Formula with the LT1 350 and not long ago had to change my head gaskets. When I put everything back together I seem to have missed the mark on the flex EGR tube where it is supposed to connect to the right exhaust manifold. I got the bolt in but the tube isn't in the hole on the exhaust manifold, its flipped around the opposite way. I can't believe I did something so dumb! When running it sounds worse than a old flat-bed truck.

Trying to find a way to correct it without another tear-down. The automatic tranny dipstick is in the way of getting the single EGR tube flange bolt out. Any ideas? The only two options I can think of are partially unbolting the exhaust manifold to move the bolt away from the tranny dipstick or trying to unbolt the tranny dipstick in the hope I'll gain enough clearance to get the bolt out.

Thanks for any help from the experts.
egr delete

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT1 EGR tube dislocation