Squeeling Noise from engine - HeLp! - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Squeeling Noise from engine - HeLp!

Old 03-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #1

Default Squeeling Noise from engine - HeLp!

I was not sure where to post this but I need help.. My engine is making a weird chirping noise. This noise happens in gear out of gear.. As you can hear in the video it increases when you push on the throttle. Please tell me what you think it is.. I am FAIRLY sure its not a belt or pully. Thanks in advance to everyone that will answer.

P.S. Sorry if i posted in the wrong area.. i am new and had no idea where to put it..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijoatx2x2a...14140.mp4?dl=0

Thanks again everyone..
thereverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:51 PM   #2
TECH Regular

Sounds like an idler pulley or the alternator is going.

Take a long screwdriver and start placing it around those areas and you'll find it.
wht/73 is offline   Reply With Quote