Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

The great big block 4th gen swap info thread

Old 11-14-2018, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
A little more interesting info here form some changes I have made. The $175 e-bay BBC forward facing turbo headers are a CLOSE but perfect fit. They happen to land just above the frame rails and just below the strut towers. I had trouble finding some that I hoped would fit that weren't $1500. That's a big risk on headers I may have to cut up or modify still. I figured $175 would be a more reasonable gamble, and got lucky. They bolted in with no modification

So can you pm me what headers those might be? Much appreciated...
Old 01-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice build thanks for info.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:13 PM
Teching In

I'd like to see some pics of how the transmission fits in the tunnel, mine seems to be quite offset to pass side, not sure yet on how this will settle in
Old 01-22-2019, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice!!!
Old 03-10-2019, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

Daaaaang, I like!
Old 03-11-2019, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Awe man, saw a new post had my hopes up!! lol
Old 07-25-2019, 01:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have more pics in my thread, juat thought I would bump this one and ask if you had made any progress?
The following users liked this post:
TT427 (12-13-2019)
Old 12-14-2019, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

A little more interesting info here form some changes I have made. The $175 e-bay BBC forward facing turbo headers are a CLOSE but perfect fit. They happen to land just above the frame rails and just below the strut towers. I had trouble finding some that I hoped would fit that weren't $1500. That's a big risk on headers I may have to cut up or modify still. I figured $175 would be a more reasonable gamble, and got lucky. They bolted in with no modification

Any updates on the 4th Gen BBC turbo build? Was going to order the headers and the K member. As I looked at the collector options, with and without WG port, I got to wondering how those small primaries fit your heads exhaust ports? I would have thought they were 1 3/4 since 1 5/8 is common sbc size. I have AFR 325cc heads for my build.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:10 PM

Default What headers exactly you remember? I’m looking can’t find these exact ones it seems

So this has been discussed some here and there but I haven't been able to find any good resources on this swap. I have been getting a lot of calls on this lately as well, so I figured I would post up my experience and info that may be useful to others looking to do this swap.

First off, I'll cover the mounting. Yes, there is a bolt in option. You do not have to run a motor plate. Our KM005 or KM015 will bolt in to your 93-02 car and bolt to any traditional BBC, and even the hybrid elephant 8.1.
The KM005/KM015 has a free standing motor mount design that bolts directly to the block and hugs tightly to the engine to maintain header clearance. They us a polyurethane disc mounting to isolate vibration for street use, or a solid billet aluminum mount upgrade is available as well. Or, if you do decide to get crazy later and run a motor plate setup, the stands can be unbolted and removed. You also have the option to buy LS motor mount stands from us and swap to an LS without changing k members.

For my personal car, I opted for our KM015 turbo style k-member just to get as much room as possible for future activities. I also removed the A/c and installed a block off plate. I then also opted for a manual brake kit. This was due to running a tall valve cover to clear my rockers. This will pretty well be require for a tall deck block motor. So with these things in place, I had a pretty good amount of room to work with

Even with the stock steering rack still in place, I had ample clearance between it and my average sized aftermarket oil pan. This should be the same for a stock pan, or have even more clearance most aftermarket fabricated style rear sump pans

If you plan on running a carb, YOU WILL HAVE TO CUT YOUR COWL! There is now way around it. You can get away with just trimming the center to clear your carb, but if you are like me and have made the decision the car will see little to no street time, then you can take it all off for clearance.

Attachment 586759

I will add more to this tomorrow when I get back in. Out of time for today!
. What headers exactly?
Old 07-25-2022, 08:56 AM
Teching In

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 93z28NAH
. What headers exactly?
Post #3👍

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The great big block 4th gen swap info thread