Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

lt1 v8 vs l36 vs l32

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question lt1 v8 vs l36 vs l32

Howdy ls1tech before I ask my question I am a noob to cars so please forgive me for my terminology or anything
I was looking for 4th gen camaros and I found an amazing deal on a 1995 6 speed v8 convertible camaro. I am wondering how to identity the engine because the car is only 950 so I am very suspicious of it. Also do yall have any tips for seeing if I should buy it as a daily driver what are some deal breakers?

Thanks
Old 07-02-2019, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

This is the SBC/BBC section but maybe an admin will move it over to the LT1/LT4 at some point.

RPO codes tag is in the glove box. A lot of them get scuffed to unreadable so you may not be able to read the LT1 / L32 on the tag.

Under the hood a V6 car is obvious. The L32 has an intake that looks like a big Y. L36 has 3800 cast in the intake. One possibility is an L99 has been swapped in, however unlikely. The last 3 digits of the casting number of the block are visible just above the oil pan on an LT1. "327." If you see that, you're ok.

For 950, the car probably has a lot of minor to moderate issues, or a couple of big issues. You may be one of the 'one and done' posters but if you ever do come back, post a pic or two if the car isn't gone already.