Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Future Project planning

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future Project planning

I'm a new member who is looking to stuff a bbc into a 4th gen. I was wondering what kind of mods are required to be done other than a beefed up suspension, fuel delivery, and cooling system? I guess what I am really wondering about is the firewall, engine mount location, and the "wind shield overhang." Any help would be greatly appreciated before I start this "little" project.

I plan on being able to drive the car on the street (good weather, shows, and strip).

Last edited by huklbry; 11-15-2004 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well since nobody else has said anything yet.........

i think that's because there isn't a quick and easy answer to give you, but i'll try and help. suspension can wait, unless the BB pushes the nose into the ground. then i would do the front struts and custom ordered springs next. fuel delivery should be easy. cooling system is just a good pair of elec. fans and look into someone like Be Cool, Afco, Griffin (sponsor), and others. BMR makes a K-member that will bolt in directly, or you can get a front and mid motor plate from APE or Madman, both sponsors, to bolt right in after you weld in the mounting brackets. firewall does not need to be touched, but someone else needs to chime in about the cowl area (windshield overhang), because i'm still trying to figure that one out myself. i think in ALL cases an area needs to be cut out, but the part i don't know about is if anyone has been able to retain their passenger side windshield wiper?????? of course you're gonna want to step up to a th 350/400 or glide, unless you want to go 6 speed. BMR also makes a crossmember for the trans to just bolt right in. i don't know if i need to put that in first with the trans, and then allow that to determine the location of the engine location. also not sure if you can keep your power brake booster????? i know i can with a small block. then there are some, members and Madman, who can help you with your header part numbers. you'll have to have a shop fab up the rest of your system from there. hope this helps you out some. it's not a 1,2,3 done project, but it's not that hard from what i've been told. keep an eye on my homepage on here from time to time as i am making a photo diary of each step of the way. good luck, it should be a lot of fun and a big reward at the end.

later,
Dave
Old 11-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info. I've been researching this project for a couple of months and I've heard that its both possible and not possible to do the swap, and I need to find out quick because I was just informed of a rolling chasis (no engine or tranny) that someone has for sale cheap.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:01 PM
9 Second Club

100% it can be done. many have proof of that, and i have a number of pics.

later,
Dave
Old 11-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

My chassis guy happens to have a full out roller ready to go that will easily fit a BBC. Even has a BBC motorplate for it. The car has a 4 link rear suspension and is very nice for a roller with a full cage in it. If your interested give him a call, 586-468-4494 ask for Dave.

Thanks
Old 11-17-2004, 10:45 PM
9 Second Club

i didn't know that thing was for sale...........wait.... idea,bad.......pay off my loans,good. i need to quit seeing these kinds of things. that is setup to be one bad *** car. very high quality workmanship from what i saw at KTS Race Cars.

later,
Dave

Quick Reply: Future Project planning