Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

carb help

Old 04-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default carb help

I have been having trouble with the carb on my dirt track car and was wondering if anyone on here could help. I have a built 355 with a quadrajet carb on it that has just been rebuilt. It will run fine most of the time but after a few laps it will have a bad spudder when I get back in the throttle coming out of corner. What could cause that?
Old 04-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

Also it is not a bog like the secondarys are dumping to quick or to slow it is a spudder but then it will pick back up. Also does a quadrajet have to have any vacuum hoes running to it to operate properly?
Old 04-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kodyowenby10
Also it is not a bog like the secondarys are dumping to quick or to slow it is a spudder but then it will pick back up. Also does a quadrajet have to have any vacuum hoes running to it to operate properly?
No vacumn lines needed.

If it runs fine at first and then goes to crap I would look at the float bowl running dry or low.
Put a pressure guage on the fuel line, 5 psi minimum all the time. If thats good then check the needle & seat diameter, Chevy used several different sizes, cheap rebuild kits usually have the smaller sizes in them because it's easier to keep the carb from flooding.
500" caddies had the big needle & seat.

And check that float level.

Search this Thread