Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

best place to buy 1 3/4 LT for 68 camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best place to buy 1 3/4 LT for 68 camaro?

is there a good sponcer? and also i need them to fit correctly cause the headmans i bought i had to beat to the point where i said screw them and cut them in half with a recip saw! i hear hooker super comps fit right up with no denting? the car doesnt have power steering either and has dart pro 1 plat heads if that helps with header choice..... and i heard hooker super comps are the only 1 3/4 that will fit the right way without denting????

Last edited by bluebeast; 04-28-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the hookers fit fine as long as you dont have ac,they interfere with the box.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool! summit ended up feeling bad for me i guess and gave me some super comps for $330 shipped! they sold me the hedmans and they were not even close and i didnt have power steering, ac or anything..... but i had already had them coated and they wouldnt take them back so i was screwed! i had to beat them in a lil bit but decided to take them off and cut out the area that i had to bend if anyone needs some hedman long tubes for an older GM car...... the area i cut out was 1 pipe of course and was about 4 inches long...... if you know how to weld or know someonme this can be fixed good as new in about 15 minutes