Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Big Oil Leak -383sbc

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Big Oil Leak -383sbc

So ive been trying to get my 67 Camaro ready for PINKS all out. The last couple weeks in my spare time ive been going over little mickey mouse things to get it track ready since ive never ran the car there before. Long story short just took it out for a little drive and got on it for the 1st time in a while and now its leaking oil bad. Now "normal" driving conditions it wont leak or wont leak to where it's noticable, only when i get on it..

Its leaking passenger side on top of the bellhousing. I JUST parked it 5 minutes ago and I now have a 4ince puddle of oil. Right now the car is cooling down. I checked the valve cover and distributor and no oils leaking from either gasket.

I know some sbc have a plug or hole for another oil sending unit, im not 100% sure if mine does. Anyone have any suggestions as of what or where I should look... I gotta give the car at leaset an hour to cool, so id figure id get all the suggestion i can...

thanx in advance for any help!
Old 06-15-2008, 01:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might be the intake end seal leaking, even if it's just a silicone bead.
You could clean it up, pull the dist, put an oil pump primer on it for a while and see if it leaks.
If it does it's a pressure port leaking.
If it doesn't theres a good chance the end seal is leaking and running crankcase pressure is pushing it out.